Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strength needs a buff.
Honestly, at this point I'd like to see just about any change to strength as long as it isn't given to autohits. They already dominate just about everywhere and definitely don't need any buffs. The weapon power addition would be fine as long as it's somehow worked into only being in the basic attack formula, which would not only give incentive to use strength, but incentive to use basic attacks as well. Beyond just building for critical hits and hoping you manage to slam them with one of those.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
"Spoops" Wrote:
"Shujin" Wrote:Except that they are also modified by percentage. And even worse, by autohits. I really don´t want to see a 60scaled str boxer getting another +30 Scaled weapon attack for his Schwarzsturm game which ups it to another +54 (Just from SS)

(Read: Please don´t buff autohit meta)

That's a problem with Boxer, I don't see any demon hunters going around and killing 80% DR tanks with autohits alone.

One class should not limit the benefit of many others, such was an argument when WIL was due for a buff, most of the skepticism was due to how youkai abilities scale purely elemental attack, therefore adding more would only astronomically send it's damage higher than any other class, and while that still holds true, Evokers and Hexers and various other mages all benefited from that Shujin, why should we let one out liar dictate buffing a less than meaningful stat? On top of that, I believe that Demon Hunters and other autohit classes don't actually deal scary enough damage to make this change anything too impactful.

However with the upcoming (possible) shchwarz change, this can only serve to benefit STR as a stat, otherwise it'd call for a scaling change to every weapon that doesn't scale STR, because that's what's sparked this entire discussion in the first place.

I do agree and disagree with you at the same time, if it were only one class then the problem would be with the class but buffing scaled attack is since the rework mostly affecting autohits. There are MANY things that would become stronger that are already super strong. Like Expand Ice for one, while I don´t mind the buff, I don´t think we should. Or more weapon power for our conduiz weapons for more devastating damage if you just build Str/luc and so on, it´s not JUST boxer. Boxer is just the worst offender.
While classes like DH are really tame with their damage they shouldn´t be the reason for this buff on the other hand either. So you can see this from two angles.

So yes, I agree with Grandpa here, Strength needs a little boost. Autohits don´t. So as Koonie says, let´s go with that first and see how that works. Shouldn´t be a problem to alter it.