Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stun Status Effect
"Spoops" Wrote:I think stun's fine where it's at, it's in the most balanced position it could be, and there's no need to change that, mechanically it works.

I, like some others, disagree. It is flawed to think being CC'd should be rewarded for any reason; whether that "reward" is to help balance the CC or not. It takes away from the effect itself which; like many others have said, makes one ask the question, "why use it then?". Either rework how the CC functions or make counters to it in the form of Traits, Talents, and Class Skills.

"Egil" Wrote:Where is the logic behind getting 50% damage reduction from being stunned? Is that just purely a matter of balance or does that somehow make sense IC'ly?

The former. The thing is, is that there are so many better ways it could've been handled than this way.
So, losing an entire turn (especially in a team fight) is completely useless? Rendering an enemy team member, or even an enemy in general, for an entire turn so that you can rebuff yourself or do whatever is 'bad'?

Currently as far as I know the reason why 'Stun' is sticking around after it's initial activation (if it is still doing that) is a bug (please correct me if I am wrong). Even if not, do we -really- want to bring back the beyond horrible feeling of being Blowback Cannoned while Oil Chain is active, and then be stunned, only to then be pulling shotted (sometimes twice) over the pure flames of absolute doom?

Or be Skullcaver'd only to be critically hit possibly 3-4 times before we can take our turn for full damage?

If anything yes, it is balanced now as while you can still basically have a free turn to do whatever you want (whether it be applying more debuffs to your enemy, damage to your enemy, or buffs for yourself or even healing yourself), and at least not fully gimping your opponent to the point they literally are unable to make ANY precautions against it.

TL;DR: It is balanced. It is less powerful now, yes. But the applications it has, especially in team fights, can be so invaluable that it is worth something. Imagine stunning a teams priest or healer, and going to basically 'gank' their allies while the healer is unable to do anything about it. How can I call that flawed? It has a strength that is unique to it, in that way.

At most? We could go with what Egil's suggested changes were. It was more for the sake of balance, unless there actually is some IC application for it I am missing.
[Image: PersonalNecessaryArmyworm-size_restricted.gif]
Dyrnwyn, ERUPT, and IGNITE!