Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: March (2017)
This is a new topic for Lore Questions because the old one was about 26 pages. The format is roughly the same, but some guidelines;

1) Try and format your questions appropriately. As in, make it easy to read and answer.
2) Try and limit the number of questions you ask per thread. I don't mind answering them, but don't get crazy and ask me 20 things, especially if they require detailed answers.
3) Try to avoid asking extremely specific questions, such as 'Did anyone ever die of food poisoning in Cellsvich?'. Answering these is difficult, because not everything is set in stone, so giving a definitive answer on it not only restricts me in the future, but it might influence other players' character concepts that involve it.

That said, if you have any questions, you can post them in this thread! I will post answers at the end of the month/start of the next one.

Thanks! (And yes, if you had questions from the previous topic that I didn't answer before I closed it, you can post them here, but remember the formatting guideline.)
In December you answered a question regarding time to use an ability with this
"Neus" Wrote:[...]
2) About the same amount of time as it would take to do any other skill of the same Momentum cost.
[...]

Does this mean each point of momentum has a set duration(similar to how each turn in D&D last 6 seconds) or is it just that things that cost 3 momentum tend to take roughly the same amount of time?

Am I reading too much into things to assume 'Air', the Agency Gate lady outside Cellsvich, is actually a Vampire? She sells the Huggessoa religion item, has red eyes, and the way she reacts to vampires all seem to lead me to this conclusion.
When you speak an invocation, must you speak the exact words that the invocation chant in game says for you? Or icly could you alter the words and still do it?

Could you speak only a single word and still use the invocation?

Could you not have to speak at all?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Healcat question:

1- How the heck Remedia (Or any Inn, in general) heals Mechanations, Liches and Dullahans? Or does she get some help from her friend Yuna on parts she can't help without some engineering or blacksmithing?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
To add on Raigen's post, can invocations be translated to other languages?
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Cryomancy related question:

Is there a type of 'true ice' (unbreakable ice)? If yes, what would happen to the user if they tried such potent magic?
How would the church react to spell thiefs stealing mercana

Specifically stealing shine knights.
If you're not of Mereclan faith, would only using the bare minimum, lets say just from curate, would said character be hunted down by the church? And on that matter how much do priest and priestess frown upon those who abuse Mereclan dominated spells? (As an add-on to Lolztripd's question)
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]
Priest questions:

1- How the hell can a Priest denounce an apostile or someone who blandly abuses Mercana without giving a hell to the tenents or warnings? (Both IC and OOC.)

2- Badlands Arena has this new trend where everybody seems to be a little trigger happy with Graft, Malmelo and Phoenix. Will the church ever pay attention to this?

Silvermists questions:

3- Speaking of which, can Vampires, when they lose a limb, reattach it like true Undead by using Silvermists?

4- What does 'Rejuvinate' means in Silvermists? Complete regeneration or just the same effects as a Graft?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Are terms like "what the hell" still used? Or are they mostly replaced with "what in Lazarus" or something like that? Or are they both used about the same amount/interchangeably?
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]