Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Void Poisoning, but for real this time.
I know this suggestion isn't going to be like due to people wanting to RP skills as other things, but...

Add Void Poisoning as a type of wound. It could vary by it's application (maybe Open Wound from Cutthroat, Internal or Pathogen or both from Black Bolt, Blotch could apply Skin Damage to yourself or the enemy depending on who it is applied to, etc etc). It doesn't have to be immediate. Something like, if the skill is used on your more than twice within 5 turns? I dunno. And a minor case could give you a slight boost to RES and FP, but a severe case would affect some stats negatively. Time not using Void skills could eventually settle minor cases, but who knows what would happen with the more severe cases...

I don't really know how to present this idea, but I'm sure there's a way it could be thought of to some use.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...mp;#p16458

I've made a discussion about a new type of damage too for it, but never got Dev's input about it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Self damage doesn't fit void poisoning, wounds do.

I can dig it, if it's done in a way that isn't super obnoxious.
Issue being that Void Poisoning is supposed to be untreatable if it gets too far and likely causes some permanent damage either way.
Yes while I personally would be all for a risk of permadeath that is mechanically enforced, SL2 seems pretty decidedly not a game to have this problem. Personally, while I would like to see VP mechanical effects, it would get kinda of silly if it couldn't kill you and was hand-waved to 'I get treatment regularly.'

Plus the headache of people RPing super advanced VP and not dying from it. 'Nah, I'm a special snowflake and void poisoning is a part of my very being and just didn't kill me because reasons. Oh, and I'm a vampire.'
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
"KhalidtheGrey" Wrote:Yes while I personally would be all for a risk of permadeath that is mechanically enforced, SL2 seems pretty decidedly not a game to have this problem. Personally, while I would like to see VP mechanical effects, it would get kinda of silly if it couldn't kill you and was hand-waved to 'I get treatment regularly.'

Plus the headache of people RPing super advanced VP and not dying from it. 'Nah, I'm a special snowflake and void poisoning is a part of my very being and just didn't kill me because reasons. Oh, and I'm a vampire.'

This. Unless the game is rehauled to have other forms of permadeath, having VP as a legitimate wound wouldn't be realistic.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
It´s still better than nothing at all, I mean you can atleast claim then, with this change that you entered a minor state of Void poisoning, which is still treatable lore wise. Because, let´s face it: People are going to handwave it like they want either way, but I think it´s still a nice addition you can RP with if you want to which is also reflected mechanically.

And permadeath from using void assassin is sorta silly aswell. People wouldn´t play it then. Even if it makes sense mechanically, we also have Vampires able to feed from everything even when it makes no sense Lore wise, some things are simply for Convenience and balance.

I still prefer having this sort of wound, that you can inflict on yourself/others when using void stuff (and only voirstuff of course..Not cutthroat)

Also considering how wounds work and the level only increases when using the same type of wounding...You could make the highest level of void poison really bad to reflect the excessive overuse...Like Fever level bad if not worse.
Getting nailed with black bolt or the frayed voidgate pulses would almost have to carry the risk of VP.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
Does using void related magic/skills put a strain/fatigue your body?

Rather then causing damage, we can just have it give a brief debuff to stats which would make your character not have to suffer an incurable ailment.
Munch
"Skimmy2" Wrote:Does using void related magic/skills put a strain/fatigue your body?

Rather then causing damage, we can just have it give a brief debuff to stats which would make your character not have to suffer an incurable ailment.

Using Void Magic excessively is the cause of Void Poisoning, which causes I think parts of your body to fall out into the Void, so I would think so.

It isn't about causing damage, it's about a debuff, yes.

http://sl2.wikia.com/wiki/Afflictions_System

I haven't actually had the chance to play around with the Afflictions System, so I can't comment on likeness to anything else, but I think what Shujin said makes sense.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."