Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Archer] Snipe
Could we make this work with guns as well? It seems that it should work with people who are trained to focus on a target before firing (especially with sniper rifles). Plus it might alleviate the dodge problem for MGs somewhat. People are always saying Archer needs more synergy with MG, this would be a nice way to do it.

At the least, make it work with sniper rifles only?
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
MG's really don't have issues with hitting someone if they want to. I know that Gale with his 67 base skill and about equal luck to Quinn could NAIL Qunn about 50% of the time. If anything, it needs to work at half effectiveness, since archers are meant to be the real good shooters, not Magic Gunners.

Gunners have to deal with a 2-4 shot recoil, which. as I think you know Ryu, is .huge. to compensate for.
I haven't played one enough, but from what Lolzy says, MGs do. So I'm just going by what he's told me on that matter. Either way, I still think it would be useful synergy for the classes, at least in the case of snipers to get more range.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

Snipers getting more range is iffy, due to "SUPER RANGE ASSAULT RIFLE!" that exists. I was an MG/BK Corbie who, admitedly, had to WARNING SHOT, Gain air, fire to land hits. But damnit, IT WORKED WELL!

As for Lolzy, he doesn't use blessed weapons to hit people, which is atleast.. 30 more hit if you aren't a jackass. He, instead, dual wields Yin/Yang with VORPAL for crazy amounts of damage against tanks, surprising, right?

What they could get is a "For every equipment slot you have free, you gain +X Hit" Like Evokers do with Pure power. Don't make it to high, but a +10 per would be fitting.
I suppose that suggestion is a fair one in retrospect, especially with the synergy it'd get from Engineer.

It's my opinion that a enchantment, should not be a requirement to have a chance to hit on the class with the highest "hit" stat growths

though really hit problems only exist against kensei who go Cel luck, then go verglas so their cel does damage.

If snipe was made usable for guns, Protection from arrows should have half effectiveness against guns( since bullets are faster than arrows) and perhaps a ma promotion could get some Zen bonus passive that makes it 100%

the real usefulness of snipe for guns is the range bonus.
To be honest if feels like MG would work better with rogue as their base. Snipe may not be too useful for MG, but keep in mind that future promos could take advantage of it assuming they use guns.

Archer just needs more gun love in general.
MG will never be a rogue promo because Dev said so and we didn't vote < Like we had a choice > on it being a rogue promo.
Would it really be that difficult to change it to rogue? Oh well, only option is to add more gun compatible abilities. I always felt that parting shot and cover fire would be better as Archer skills instead of MG, and we could have innates/ passives dedicated to certain gun subtypes instead of guns in general, similar to what MG has, so they all don't stack and make guns too powerful.
That, I could see. Covering Fire and Parting Shot moved towards Archer would be .fantastic. actually.