Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Vampires
Can Banquet also heal the Vampire for 75% of the damage done (after resistances) if the enemy is under Fear and Hesitation?

If I recall correctly, there's a torso that prevents people from Hesitating, and Red Cape can prevent Fear from being a nuisance below 50% HP, aside skills like Magic Gunner's Recklessness, Black Knight's Steel Mind and Shaitan's racial passives to combat it. (And all it takes to stop a Vampire is slapping a Holy enchant anyway.) So it's all gonna be fine in PvP in my opinion.

This one is because receiving like 75% less healing is making a Vampire's lives pretty harsh in PvE. Prescribed Hi-Potions can't save you in Crazy Dungeons, Life Drain requires the enemy's HP percentage to be big and WIL from you, and Silvermists is not doing the cut while it drains too much Essence, and losing your status bonuses in the middle of a fight is pretty crucial, especially losing enough to end up being double-turned by monsters when you have average CEL.

So why not add another balanced way to keep their sustain up against monsters?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Alternatively, you could make it so their current healing penalty is affected by how much SAN the vampire has. More SAN, less healing. Less SAN? More healing.

Not too sure about numbers but just a thought, since apparently not being that 'evil' of a vampire makes you a tad different in special ways. Looking at Bright Darkness' description.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I'd be fine with this if vampires weren't already in a very very good position. Honestly, if there current effects from sanctity weren't so overbearingly powerful I'd be all for it. But as is, I can't say I agree with this idea.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
"Grandpa" Wrote:I'd be fine with this if vampires weren't already in a very very good position. Honestly, if there current effects from sanctity weren't so overbearingly powerful I'd be all for it. But as is, I can't say I agree with this idea.

- Lunar Lunatism's effects got nerfed to SAN/2, so Charm and Hesitation are no longer overbearing like before.
- Charm is nullified by an accessory, Fear is nullified by an accessory, Hesitation is nullified by a torso. Whole Lunar Lunatism is ignored by two skills of very very usual classes and straight up ignored by one race.

All Vampire ares now are statballs of no sustain that 99% of the time gets shredded like glass to any Holy enchant user, mainly because they can't 'heal' outside Silvermists, every damage they take is sticking forever as if they're Cursed Wounds. And this is too much of a nuisance when it comes to fighting multiple monsters in a Crazy dungeon as a melee character.

Sure, draining HP might be a little too much for a race that's supposed to be what I stated above, but balance above everything. Vampires are supposed to be vampiric, be a race that sucks if they don't suck.

Banquet is a skill that uses hit check, does dark damage, and gets hit penality if used infront or sides.
It's simply the perfect skill to have an extra effect. Besides, the effects I've listed should only work if the enemy is both (Feared + Hesitating), if Fear is not present, but Hesitation is, it will not work. And vice versa.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
The only buff Vampires really need is the inevitable power reduction of Holy weapons, in my opinion. Outside of losing all their health to those, they excel so well at one on one combat from raw stat efficiency that their inability to be healed for much balances it out. Bringing a Vampire to a large 4 on 4 with healers doesn't pan out well, though.

"Snake" Wrote:This one is because receiving like 75% less healing is making a Vampire's lives pretty harsh in PvE. Prescribed Hi-Potions can't save you in Crazy Dungeons, Life Drain requires the enemy's HP percentage to be big and WIL from you, and Silvermists is not doing the cut while it drains too much Essence, and losing your status bonuses in the middle of a fight is pretty crucial, especially losing enough to end up being double-turned by monsters when you have average CEL.

It doesn't help in some circumstances, but the bright side is that food is 100% effective for Vampires.
Another option is that Silvermists could have its healing improved, instead of adding healing to other things. It's more than a little underwhelming in post-GR numbers. It heals for roughly your current Essence, which at max ranges from 120-220. On a vampire with decent hp and alchemy talents, a PR-high potion can easily heal for more after the 75% reduction, without losing 40-70 essence.

The number could just be raised to something more viable for post-GR numbers. Or, to combine it with an earlier suggestion, perhaps the heal reduction from everything else could be based on SAN, something like 25% + SAN, and Silvermists could be a flat number + SAN% of max hp heal with a 2-3 round cooldown. Consuming 33% of max rather than current essence, of course. Low SAN vamps would have normal healing methods at reduced but viable levels. High SAN vamps would have their one big, but costly heal every few rounds so long as they keep sucking. That seems to fit the IC assumptions people attach to how low/high SAN vampires are.
[Image: 34838e9c78aaab4cfa3e2dabd2135899.png]
Percentages with max HP in mind are almost never healthy when it comes to healing, see: PR-Hi potions and Glykin regen, vampires tend to have nice sustain through life drain if they're magic based but if they're physically based then they usually have to rely on vampiric weapons or silvermists, perhaps to less rely on vampiric weapons it can tie in to on hits, for example:

Lunar Lunatism granting 50% of damage dealt to essence gained on hit, to be used on silvermists, there are several ways to combat this kind of build such as:

Null Shell
Fellel's Fumble
Tankiness or Crit Evade or Both
Dodginess
We just removed percentage healing from Glykin. Let's not give it to Vampires instead.

Let's just give Vampires 25% reduced healing, increased by 1% per point of SAN that they have. So if you want your tons of free stats and 1v4 racial, you get low healing to go with it.
You see, Megablues, I can only agree with that if vampires with 10 SAN weren't more viable than vampires with 20+ SAN.

The issue I see with vampires is that you don't even have to invest into SAN to even get tons of stat points, having 10 SAN, which is the minimum for having aptitude at 43+, is +6 to STR WIL CEL SKI DEF, which is 30 stat points total for spending none, that is why vampires are so good.

I'd rather see the stat points given from Sanguine Crest nerfed (Slightly) if we were going to incorporate that sort of healing system to them.

For example, pre-GR vampires used to get +2 to their stats if they had 100 essence, I'd like to believe those to be low SAN vampires so I'd rather see it be like:

At 100 Essence you gain +1 to STR WIL SKI CEL DEF, and every 15 essence gained is an additional+1 to STR WIL SKI CEL DEF.
Wrrrrrrrrrrrry. Agreed with Snake, no healing life is rough when you can stack a million potions on any other race or even just use the many, many healing spells.
[Image: tenor.gif]