Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With a bit of focus...
[Image: be7da64914b44873a08fa69983498efb.png]

So, I looked over this about a few hundred times and got to the idea of thinking, hey what if a character has dedicated themselves to sorcery to cast without proper casting tools? As such I formed a thought, and from this thought I had the help of a friend into trying to make this sound balanced, anyways here goes a list of three traits all dedicated to this thing known as sorcery.

Sorcery Apprentice(40 Will Req): When you have no weapon equipped in main hand(Casting tool or not), You naturally use 60% of Scaled Will as a casting source.

Sorcery Adept(45 Will & Sorcery Apprentice Req): When you have no weapon equipped in main hand(Casting tool or not), You naturally use 80% of Scaled Will as a casting source.

Sorcery Master(50 Will & Sorcery Adept Req): When you have no weapon equipped in main hand(Casting tool or not), You naturally use 95% of Scaled Will as a casting source.

Anyone feel free to put your thoughts in about this idea as sorcery could be an interesting aspect to the game.
Most characters ICly are usually some form of Sorceror.

Mostly fist mages. Especially Fist mages.

It'd be neat to see this done, though.
[Image: sealofapproval_comp.jpg?v=1432862016]
I think Sorcery is something different from the standard arcana but my take on this is here: http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?f...mp;p=18641 I can do the math here as to why I think 100% will as a base thing isn't overbearing it mostly comes out of the lack of a base power for the weapon and the fact that the only damage spell that would be in domain would be the GS sword as far as I know.
1,000 Counts of 27.
I'm wondering what the use of not using any casting tool would be, though. You wouldn't get the Power from a weapon, you wouldn't get the 1.5* from the scaled weapon attack formula either. It just seems like useless fluff that would take away development time for more useful things, like bug fixes or new content.
Tomes have weapon power which effect spell damage, this trait has no weapon power. And also spell edge weapons, and this should at least be a decent buff to spellfist in general cause shit like empty palm. (If this was already stated, then I apologize)
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]
Based on how scaling works, I disapprove of your numbers, in theory, with such a high scaling off of a single stat can make this trait easy to abuse, as there is no tome that has 95% WIL scaling, I do understand that tomes scale off multiple stats that add to over 100, but in terms of how scaling works, proven with testing, weapons with 100% scaling on only one stat in comparison to weapons which scale 60% off 2 stats is actually stronger, this applies to many games that have scaling systems like this.

My suggestion is to have only one trait, and making the scaling 70%-75%, I am aware this overall is weaker than using a casting tool, but as the lore thread image that you showed, something like this is "Possible" and in no way does it say it is "Stronger." This way it fits in lore and can still actually be used (for example with that lovely Evoker passive to boost damage based on empty equipment slots) as the lore does say that a casting tool is used to make magic much easier to control, so it is still recommended that you use one, but it's not the only way.
[Image: g5VjMYf.png]
"Haunted Evil Pajamas" Wrote:weapons with 100% scaling on only one stat in comparison to weapons which scale 60% off 2 stats is actually stronger
This is wrong.

60% of 30 + 60% of 30 = 100% of 36.

It starts being more of an issue when you get to diminishing returns, since 60% of 50 scaled + 60% of 50 scaled = 100% of 60 scaled, which is a fairly difficult number to achieve.
I go with MegaBlues here.

This won't be a worth addition, just a waste of time. This would only be 'worth' if obtaining weapons were a bit of a hassle, so we'd need something to compensate. But since it's not. Loop to the beginning of this short paragraph.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
why are you telling dev that it's a waste of his time, I think that with this being effectively his hobby, wasting his time isn't really a thing

if he thinks it's a waste of his time he won't add it, there's no reason to say it in here, it's rather rude tbh