Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NPC MODE
When you log in, there would be a 4th slot, called npc mode.

while playing NPC mode you are given control of the next group of monsters in a pve fight.

This would warn the players "these enemies seem smarter than usual" and reward with increased xp

There would be a NPC mode chat for discussion between people in the mode, and GMs

GM's would have control over npc mode to a degree, They could turn off auto battle and only allow npc mode for controlling their Event mobs.

Gm's could tell how they want their minions to behave and turn on creature chat for the npc mode players.
This sounds honestly hilariously fun but also complicated to a point where both newer players would struggle to understand it and Dev would struggle to impliment it, but I'd be for it.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Not a big struggle if we put a condition like "If you reach LV60", or if this is given by GMs who actually need help.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Yeah It could be locked until a gm unlocks it on your key Or until you hit 60.
Not to sound rude, but it sounds like a terrible idea and a prime candidate for griefing.
Theres a lot of things that are prime candidates for griefing, the thing is the act of griefing is the terrible part, otherwise it could actually be a good system.

People often complain that pve is too easy, monsters are easy to cheese because they are dumb.

Its not like you are going up against fully geared murder machines in a pve dugeon, its that someone else is pointing the generated monsters around in a way that is smarter than normal.

Now if someone were to stall out battles by having the monsters run around in circles, yeah sure get a gm.
Okay so make monster AI better, make it so that bandits prefer to attack a player's back and tend to flank players, make it so that corrupters and wings of fire don't walk up and basic attack you for no apparent reasons, same with jammer deltas, monsters have all the tools they need to be challenging, we don't need a convoluted system that could be made up by having better monster AI.

There's no need for this, like, none.
Improved monster AI has been suggested before and it hasn't really been updated (from what I've seen, and I used to grind 24/7), so suggesting that players get the chance to control monster mobs in atleast RP situatons sounds kinda fun actually.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
Thats true Spoops, but this kind of a system would allow the framework for controlling event and rp monsters alot easier, and being in a system that can be used whenever means that the time dedicated to making the system isn't left to acquire dust and that everyone can benefit from it.