Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE RAID - Feedback and suggestions
I like it so far, and have fun during it when there is less lag out and about, Though I realize you were rushed during it(Honestly I wish you weren't rushed) and now since Seto as a boss doesn't feel hard enough, the boss fight turns into gathering 4 DPS characters and just racing to kill him since he can get his invocation broken by silence and damage.

Seto first off needs some immunity/cure to silence, have words of power, and have Galren, this will create a constant threat of DPS and give healers an important role within the raid, it will also make his Magaisendo good to break through sanctuaries of said healers.

One thing that needs to be said and done, its very easy currently to pack a whynesfelt and then an isesip charm to nullify all of the threat of Seto's damage, so another thing that could be added is a passive for Seto that adds a sort of danger zone perhaps? Enemies within 3 range of Seto have their earth resistance/absorbs/immunities/reflects nullified, this will also make having a ranged DPS and having a frontline tank ideal to have.

Lastly, as for the raid itself, maybe it shouldn't change that much, except maybe adding a mid-boss at the end of phase 1, when all the beasties are killed.
His defense is good but I was able to buster cannon him allowing my party to destroy him in5 turns thanks to some tile shenanigans
My feedback about Phase Two is that this could be better done in a separate map, full of black beasts blocking the way, instead of it being another fight. (Like Tannis, for example. And a LOT, LOT of beasts in the way, like, packs of six on each cliff-way.) So the parties would have to teamwork their way to open a path towards the boss.

This would help to fight the lag a bit, I suppose. And also separate people from the Phase 1 from Phase 2. Or maybe allow you to include more in the future?

Seto could also have a way to restore his DEF back in case of Buster Cannons, and a heal where he uses on low HP. And passively spawn Black Beasts to a cap of 7 would make things harder and interesting too. Though the main offender is he being unable to dish out his evocations.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Thanks for the feedback, like I said, I'm more than happy to make adjustments to the raid.

Did the change to damage instances help deal with the lag at all? I say 'at all' because the game was choking hard the first time we tested it before the change was made.
It helped very much so, yeah, the biggest issue the first time was the amount of battles going on at the same time.

(Edit: Still kinda is, the amount of battles is the biggest issue)
Just give players another thing to do, so we can properly limit the amount of fights happening at once. SL2 shouldn't be all about fights anyway, not when we do have Talents that serve for miscellaneous things other than fighting.

I do have an idea for it, but I don't know how hard it could be to implement:

Quote:(My wording for those)
'packs of beasts' = Phase 1's current battle.
Breakdown = Players trying to open a path to progress towards Seto. The map will be blocked by Black Mud Walls, where it will require the player to input arrow combos (like fishing or performing an enhanced Heaven Kick) multiple times, in order to break it down. This consumes 40 Physical Stamina.

To progress, one player must be performing 'Breakdown'. Each attempt to break spawns two 'packs of beasts'. Once the path is cleared, everybody who participated in Phase 1 (be it fighting beasts or breaking the walls down) will be warped to Phase 2's battle, where they have to make a run for it. But special beasts may be summoned this time, and may silence on their Black Roar (luck-based chance).

And then Seto, but fixed and hopefully more annoying to fight. Such as:
Quote:- A new passive where if the enemy is magnetized, his earth damage knocks the enemy down.
- Black Beast's Black Roars inflict magnetize for him.
- His invocations can be broken at a 50% chance.
- He has On-Guard.
- He can restore his Defense back to normal, like a Black Knight.
- He can auto-cure silence once he takes like 10% of his max HP as damage.
- When his HP is below 25%, he can use a skill to regenerate his HP by 20%, but has a 3-12 round cooldown (randomized).
- Every 3 rounds he spawns a random beast (between Black Beast, Special Black Beast or Horned Black Beast) without paying momentum for it. (The number is increased based on the number of enemies who are magnetized.)

Things like these makes everything a little more fun, you see.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
While we're on the topic of phase 2. Am I correct in assuming that a system has been put in place for certain 'win' conditions?

Although Dev has shown some love for PvE how about the (dreaded) pvpers with different game modes?

Capture the flag/Banditry Caravan Raids/It just works

EDIT: Forgot my ideas for the actual black beast raid. Make Seto player controlled for salt and have the black beasts he summon have fetch like the ghost dogs.
[Image: tenor.gif]