Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hidden Cut Potentials
I really like the hidden cut effects for Akujin/Sanjin/Kounenjin/Yukijin, but I feel as if excluding them to PvE only potential is a bit of a buzzkill, when compared to Raijin, Raijin kinda snuffs them all out again because it can critically hit.

So, how about if Akujin/Sanjin/Kounenjin/Yukijin's potential effects all proc'd on a UL% chance on a hidden cut, and then a guarenteed effect on kill with hidden cut? Is that reasonable?
I agree with that, restricting all of the work you had to level Potential up and kill Seto under a lag rain for PvE only is sort of a big bummer. I don't think this will like, rumble the current meta, anyway. Just add new interactions and stuff to RP on.

PS: Can it be UL*2% chance, to match Raijin's trigger chance?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
UL*2% chance can also be good too yeah, considering the effects aren't that overbearing.
Yes, please. That way I would actually like using it. I mean you even need to mainhand the weapon for it, which can fuck certain set ups.
It wouldn't make a lot of sense for a few of them, since the enemy is supposed to be turning into a pool of acid, or into an ice point, for example.
Well, the "Turn into" acid could just be a splashing acid wound instead and...Uh the ice point, well I have actually no idea how to make it not OP, could only think of a small freeze into an iceblock(If killed still ice point) aka micro stunning (reduced damage to a certain degree(Level=damage you did?) before the ice block breaks, pretty much like current stun works.) for one turn. But that might be to much for such an effect. Could work with lowered trigger chance and a cooldown for retrigger I believe, oh and a "If resist ice no freeze"-condition? Could even use one of the Icons I made for my "Dream" Hyoya swordman class, probably just need slight adjustments.
but damm coooool

How it would look on a player(No real Hirotas have been harmed for the tests):
https://i.gyazo.com/ecee9101cd01a2fe79bc...e012ce.mp4

Or my WIP for the map decoration for Hyoyas frozen bandits:
[Image: afeee2e68c1e6cdb836c18a1855162ad.png]

Attached Files
.rar   Ice Shell V1.rar (Size: 16.23 KB / Downloads: 51)
Hmm, that becomes a problem..okay, how about this?

If target is not killed by Hidden Cut, the following effect will occur instead

Akujin: UL*2% chance to blind.
Kounenjin: UL*2% chance to trigger explosion anyways.
Yukijin: UL*2% to inflict celcius
Sanjin: Decreases DEF/RES by UL/3 (-8 def/res), similar to Acid Jet.

If that's not too appealing, I can understand why just dropping this would be better, after all they still make hidden cut deal magic damage, and elemental damage for character theme.
Akujin inflicting Blind due to the darkness damage makes sense.
Kouenjin making a short explosion for (UL) makes sense.
Yukijin, inflicting Frostbite LV (UL) would be more neat.
Sanjin should only affect DEF in this case, and make sense.

All swords on UL*2% chance to have those effects triggering to match Raijin's possibility of crit (at 50%-75%)

Come on, boss. We want the other swords to be on Raijin's level of worth. Raijin has the only potential that 'can' be used in everything. (PvP and PvE)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]