Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Request] Formulas
Can we possibly have the formula used to determine diminishing returns of the stat cap? If it's listed somewhere else, I wasn't able to find it.

Additionally, could you clarify the order of calculation for damage? As far as I'm aware, the order is %Resists -> %damage reduction -> armor -> External reductions (Wraithguard, Evasion, Eviter). Since defense is %DR now, is it accurate to say it has the exact same impact as far as reduction is concerned as %resists do? For example, is 30% physical DR and 15% slash resistance identical to 15% physical DR and 30% slashing damage?
When you start going past softcap, stat points have a 90% return. For every three points past the softcap, the return lowers by 9%. So:

Softcap + 1~3 = 90% return
Softcap + 4~6 = 81% return
Softcap + 7~9 = 72% return

....to a minimum of 10% return.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I'm of the opinion it ramps up too fast, stat buffin combat has almost no worth despite costing momentum.

either that or in combat buffs become scaled stats.
I personally, as a person who goes past the stat cap in a multitude of stats on different characters, think it's fine.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
"Chaos" Wrote:When you start going past softcap, stat points have a 90% return. For every three points past the softcap, the return lowers by 9%. So:

Excellent, thanks. Just need to confirm the order of reduction for damage then.

"Lolzytripd" Wrote:I'm of the opinion it ramps up too fast, stat buffin combat has almost no worth despite costing momentum.

either that or in combat buffs become scaled stats.
"Sawrock" Wrote:I personally, as a person who goes past the stat cap in a multitude of stats on different characters, think it's fine.

This thread has nothing to do with balance.
Topic moved from 'Suggestions' to 'General Discussion', since this more of a query than anything else.

If you want to discuss the impact of stat buffs where diminishing returns reign supreme, please make a Balance Fu topic for it.
"Chaos" Wrote:When you start going past softcap, stat points have a 90% return. For every three points past the softcap, the return lowers by 9%. So:

This doesn't appear to be matching up to results I'm getting. Given how difficult testing this on the client is, there's a possibility the program created to calculate these is what's incorrect. Either way, after you start going further along the soft cap, the expected scaled stat you get from following your equation deviates further and further away from what the calculator shows.
Each tier of stats scales with its own tier. So you'll get something like +1, +1, +1, +.9, +.9, +.9, +.81, +.81, etc. Rather than .81(1+1+1+1+1+1).
It appears I was slightly off; it's -8% per 3 points, not -9%.