Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ether
[Image: b7c355c3ceb84e229ec86d2e7b191f66.png]

Can it be +3 FP, +1 FP recovery?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Accessory materials shouldn't be that strong.

Honestly, the 5% resistance for accessory materials is even too much, and FP regen is definitely too much.
I dont think 5% resistance is strong, neither is 1 lousy fp regen.
There's a skill which gives you +1 FP on a basic attack, +2 on crit. There's also an accessory which gives you +2 FP per turn. Then there's the 2% FP regen accessory, which is essentially 1 FP regen per 50 FP you have.

So, relatively speaking, +1 FP for an accessory material is a lot, considering how little FP regen is available outside of Summoner.
I mean, have you seen High Mage's cape? That alone would beat out someone decked in full etherium gear if this change were to take place. The 1 fp on basic attack is from traits, which cover everybody, now the actual skill for fp recovery on basic attack is from Hexer or Tactician, which both give 10FP back on basic attack from their respective conditions, and finally there's a neat talent called Chivalry that gives 5FP regen back when hitting somebody from the front.

I don't think its that bad, remember when snakescale got a little bonus to make it niche but also just as good as any other material?
There's Capacity's "Absorption" and "Recycle". And the ever-forgotten "Channel Spirit" from Kensei.

I'm really not seeing how being able to get +1 FP regen on an otherwise worthless material would change anything drastically. I mean, you're trading 5% damage reduction to a certain element for FP regen.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
I can only really imagine this affecting dedicated FP drain builds, which are cancerous to begin with.

I'm for it.
I don't really see the point.
Ether is the worst accessory material.

This would at least give it some kind of use.
What Soapy said, it does nothing but give +3 FP to accessories/shoes, at least Snakescale gives 5% Poison Resistance on top of +3 HP to every equipment piece but weapons.

I don't think it needs to be changed in weapons at all, it's unique and different from Iron there, problem is only when Ether is used on Torso/Shoes or Accessories, it gives no extra benefits but +3 FP.

That's why I thought it could be good to toss +1 FP recovery for it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]