Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vampires Silvermist
Silvermist as it stands now for the SOLE 'effective' healing skill for Vampires which consumes essence is awful when compared to traditional healing methods.

If the main source of power of how vampires are about absorbing and stealing essence, why is using said essence on a vampire less effective than the almighty PR-HI Potion which restores 50% of your HP which is absolutely ridiculous on its own already since you can stack an infinite number of these potions.

A vampire cannot abuse the 50% heal and silvermists is nothing compared to that. Considering the fact that silvermists only has a set amount of uses depending on how much essence you have, makes it even more glaring at how terrible of a heal it is compared to a PR-Hi potion.

Can we please change silvermists to drain a set amount of essence, perhaps 100 in order to heal 50% of their hp?

And before we go on the delicate talk about vampires being 'broken' or 'overpowered'. I ask that we discuss that in an orderly manner instead of simply saying it's overpowered without any clear evidence.

Thanks.
[Image: tenor.gif]
Quote: Silvermists
Consumes 33% of your current Essence and restores HP equal to 3 per Essence, to a minimum of 25. Any excess HP will be converted into FP instead.

A percentage healing like a PR-Hi Potion would make this a little too absurd, due to how tanks are seen. I think everybody would prefer SAN being a defining factor to it. So how about:

Quote: Silvermists
Consumes 25% of your current Essence, restores 9 HP per 1 Essence consumed ([strike]plus 8% of your maximum HP, if Lunar Lunatism is active)[/strike], to a minimum of 25. It has a 2 round cooldown.

Vampires have every sorts of non-Vampire skill healings reduced by 75%, they're outmatched with survivability. Added to how stupid Holy enchant is on them, and at how Interference can be a giant nuisance at all times.

Not even Dullahans are having so much trouble with sustaining themselves in battle, and they can't even drink potions.

Edit: No %
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Silvermists doesn't need to be made competitive with PRs and Mercana, the other forms of healing just need to be toned down.
I get what you're going for, Koonie, but I personally find that suggestion to be... quite frankly... forcing the vamp to be nothing more than a one-trick Lunar Lunatism pony. Furthermore, the 2 turn cooldown and dependancy on max HP makes it an option that only a tankpire can effectively use, while the present system can be used aggressively by any number of builds. like a lower HP character who has the hit to loop through Banquet-Silvermists reliably.
*loud burp*
I think that Snake's suggestion is going in the right direction. The extra % heal during Lunar Lunatism seems unnecessary, especially given attitudes towards % heals. Dropping that from it, the healing seems like it'd be in a reasonable range. While I'm not utterly opposed to K Peculier's idea, I do prefer the idea of having it based more on SAN/essence than max hp.

Also, as a quick side note, alchemy talents can raise PR-High Potions to 75% of max hp.
[Image: 34838e9c78aaab4cfa3e2dabd2135899.png]
With alchemy Talents, PR Hi potions heal 65% HP not 75% which might not seem like much of a difference but it is.

One of vampire's strengths is being stronger than most others at the cost of their sustain and a holy weakness, I think at most Silvermists could just use a minor numbers tweak (give a higher base amount with a bit of a lower scaling)

But as it stands, only my 60 SAN vampire can benefit from current silvermists, and he heals for 280ish at full essence which is not bad for a 3m heal which can be replenished
I think I'm being greedy on the percentage. It's not quite necessary to have that interaction anyway, I agree with you guys.

Anyway, reducing the essence consumed and increasing the HP it restores is a must. No smart Vampire will ever use the current Silvermists if not to heal and flee from a fight, because it >ruins< the Vampire in one go for a rather insignificant heal. If it ever gets changed, it won't be so overbearing of a skill, since it will have a fine cooldown of 2 rounds to keep it from being spammed.

After the Tank nerfs, tanking as a vampire became nigh impossible because what could keep them safe from Holy is now Main Class only, and what could keep them from being critted to death got reduced to 40, and they can't use any other healing methods to keep up like the other tanks can, like potions or Mercana.

Side note: Vampires just die too fast and without a chance to fight back in 4v4 team fights and PvE, and it's sad to see them getting nerfed over and over due to 1v1 PvPs. So it's just fair to 'nerf' their strengths and 'cover' a bit their of their weaknesses.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Vampires are the strongest race; they get stats for building stats. They don't need a buff.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
I agree with Saw in that vampires are strong enough but its really Holy that needs the nerf bat more than anything, my point still stands from before, if you want to make silvermists worth it, you tweak around the numbers so that it has a base heal, while gaining a teensy bit less from Essence.