Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two-Handed Class Idea
People are probably gonna spot this from a mile away, but being we have a class that is based off of Devil May Crys Dante; I was wondering if Neus might be interested in expanding the options of Great-swords with a Berserker class for Two-Hand Great-swords, a obvious reference to Guts indeed, although I see it as potential anyways since I found it pretty neat when I'd learned of and seen the Demon Hunter class in action. Thoughts?
Although it'd be insanely fun, a two-handed class would most likely fall in line with shieldless Black Knights or, as you mentioned, Demon Hunters. But if it's about two-handed bonuses, then I think there should be some buffs with sacrificing a sub-weapon or shield slot instead of just a damage bonus.
[Image: unknown.png]
Usually Dev tries to bring some unique mechanics into classes instead of the "boring" straightforward classes.
So simply saying "I want something, not sure what but based on that!" is not really going to help him think of something and might bore Dev as a coder if it´s just a straight forward "I attack with some skills that are technically the same as any other attacks but they are now in that class!"

So your chances to get some class added, are a lot higher, when you actually come up with a whole concept of it, with skills, unique mechanics etc.
So as GSM says, if you can technically just roleplay guts as a person who is a BK and simply uses a Two-hand sword, go for it?

Besides, such a class would most likely be a Soldier advanced class, and they already have 3 of those. So just for fairness, putting the rest in line first, would be cool.

But nothing stops you from working out a class idea, Dev might look over it and makes notes of it, if he really likes the idea behind it.
Or not, because someone seems to be tanked with Weapon Potentials. 22/55+ weapons to go.

Pls stop requesting things, I want my Vorpal Fang potential.

And yes I'm an hypocrite.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Well, since you stated it was bland, for starters the abilities for the class could be a False Arm canon, repeater bow, throwing knives, and throwing bombs, plus great sword related attacks & most important a Berserker armor or buff related ability; as for unlocking the class it could be done where you're branded and have to survive an eclipse https://youtu.be/5O8vsjsMelc?t=6439 :^)
"pluiebattante" Wrote:Well, since you stated it was bland, for starters the abilities for the class could be a False Arm canon, repeater bow, throwing knives, and throwing bombs, plus great sword related attacks & most important a Berserker armor or buff related ability; as for unlocking the class it could be done where you're branded and have to survive an eclipse https://youtu.be/5O8vsjsMelc?t=6439 :^)

The branding from the Eclipse is awfully similar to going into a Dark Zone, so they'd be a Shaitan, if not a tragic character background.
Throwing knives could be flavored as that one Spellthief attack, and the false arm cannon could be a stolen Fir or Explosion attack, given its explosive abilities.
Repeater bow is kind of falling apart, but I'd probably say this would be a Poison Dart from the detective gear from Air (bear with me, buddy).
Throwing bombs is just the item, or again, stolen Explosion.
Greatsword attacks could be used with Ghost, especially with a Ether Invitation slung around and how intimidating Guts is in the Berserk series. Plus, this lets him dodge, parry, and riposte attacks in quick succession.
Finally, the Berserker Armor buff could be either a gradual effect from Ghost's stat bonuses for missing HP, as well as reflavoring Last Chance to having his wounds rearranged (coincidentally, this also works with Painproof and Wraithguard). That, or even a stolen Death Knighting (+10 to all stats but Vit is incredibly useful). It also gives time for an entire paragraph of the transformation into the Berserk state from the armor.
Maybe a little something extra could be the raining blood ability from Ghost being shot from the brand on the back of his neck. Just flavor it as such, and you'll be good.

EDIT: Gigantys or any Dragon Remains/Huge Blade weapon could also suffice for a greatsword, given its range. Giant blade Gigantys could hit from 3 tiles away, and it could hit hard. Dragon King's Armor, Two Hand, and heavy investment in defenses/skill/definitely Strength.

TL;DR: We don't need a class for this, you can make it all by imagination. Just don't hurt me.
As you stated though these are single items/race and abilities that stem from multiple classes which is a pretty bad analogy to use. Besides I just think giving someone that just wants to use Great-swords primarily more options isn't exactly a horrible thing.
I mean, there is a lot of leeway in the things I said. I'm just giving my two cents in, man. Besides, you can dual class, and the skill suggestions are just what I personally think is closest to what you said you wanted. I'm not saying one race or class is the best at this, and you could probably make him viable with any other class, but I'm just saying that Guts doesn't need an entire class based around him; you could easily make him with imagination and flavor RPs.

Besides, Sword skills and gear are friggin' oversaturated, we don't need more.
"GSM" Wrote:Besides, Sword skills and gear are friggin' oversaturated, we don't need more.

Right but Swords and Great-Swords are two different types of Swords. Range/Speed/Durability/Power, logically regular sword skills wouldn't work when using a Great-Sword, being both are used differently in terms of fighting. So tbh I don't see this as a valid point.
A heavy weapon class that specialized in heavy polearms, great swords, and lances, would be interesting, but I don't feel its the biggest priority.

I'd much rather have more classes with themes that can be used in a heavy weapon capacity.

Ghost, BK, and Kensei can all be decent two hand classes.