Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inner Weaboo
Theres a difference with being able to get everything, and being required to put 7 points for any absolute skill, 5 points for the katana passive, 10 points for blade barrier to be even usable, 6+ points for the hidden cut gimmick, ect
all of kensei's slotted passives are 5 point investment skills, this eats points, the fact that all kensei skills are sub par to duelist skills pushes them off the 99 point cliff so that even a destinied kensei might not grab them.

If not for fairness sake, charge mind should be 5 ranks, for progressively more damage.
SOMEONE MENTIONED EVOKERS!?

Poking my head in, if I remember correctly, Evoker's non-niche passives gives you about 15 skill points left, which is enough to max three out of their ten attack skills. However, having more skills isn't an excuse for more skill points; the system is designed as it is to force people to choose.

I'm all for giving Kensei skills a better starting scaling with the same end scaling, but their passives still are useful enough to deserve a sub-class slot (Fleur is another story and discussion) and should be left as-is, IMO.
All I would suggest changing is making blade barrier or deflect a single rank slotted passive, with a second rank for it take no slot.
Reflect Shots, mostly. Blade Barrier has a whole scaling attached to it. I don't know why Deflect requires so many points in it when, by default, Blade Barrier should do this without the need of a new passive skill to take a skill slot, right? It's enough reward for breaking your weapon and scoring a chance with RNG.

Just make the range of Reflect Shots be 7 by default, but it adds an additional 1 Durability Cost to Blade Barrier. And make it cost 2 SP, one for skill, other for not-taking-slots.

With that, a Kensei will be able to afford atleast a rank 2-3 autohit. And that aside, it will be a fitting buff to compensate Blade Barrier's inbound changes to not stack with Desperado, or not work in Melee range.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]