Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun Reload Speed
One shell per momentum on reload
I agree with this idea, and especially enjoy the idea of double barrel shotguns firing twice and then reloading for 1 m leaving you with 6 m next turn so you can't do it as easily again unless you had crit with one shot.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I don't think this is really needed since some gun purists have it slightly rough right now, and this could easily turn into losing turns/actions for them.
The idea is by making them deal with an ammo system, you can increase gun power. This allows guns to be strong, but not be omg, styxshout,wild ride op death mania.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:The idea is by making them deal with an ammo system, you can increase gun power. This allows guns to be strong, but not be omg, styxshout,wild ride op death mania.

Exactly. The big issue facing a lot of guns is the relatively low power, as they have not been adjusted to compensate for being affected by defense now. After all, don't forget that with a multishot gun, their power is divided across all shots. An ammo/reload mechanic would allow them to be made stronger (which they need) while not just giving them a free "Be OP" card.
*loud burp*
"Lakue" Wrote:I don't think this is really needed since some gun purists have it slightly rough right now, and this could easily turn into losing turns/actions for them.
As someone sitting on a gun purist with great disgruntlement since nerfs, I'd rather see this implemented than stick with what we have now, to be perfectly honest. I'd rather be forced to think more strategically than to go Devil May Cry style, shooting endlessly without the need to reload while doing relatively poor damage.

"Lolzytripd" Wrote:One shell per momentum on reload

This works for shotguns, yes, but I should hope that's only shotguns unless you're expecting people with simple 3 shot handguns to dedicate a whole 3m to getting another attack, hurhur. As for everything else, there would probably have to be a system of balance around different types of reloading.

For an arbitrary example of what I mean, compare a revolver and clip-based handgun. The latter will probably be a one-reload action, while the revolver requires more momentum dedicated to reloading it. (For example, two bullets per 1m.) So in light of that, the revolver should be getting more value per shot as opposed to the clip-based handgun.

Simple example. Now extend that to every gun in the game right now and then some new additions. That'll be the rough part.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:Quickdraw UL/2
[Image: 4258b4f399c899bbd44afa98fb288706.png]
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
"Nanovelich" Wrote:As someone sitting on a gun purist with great disgruntlement since nerfs, I'd rather see this implemented than stick with what we have now, to be perfectly honest. I'd rather be forced to think more strategically than to go Devil May Cry style, shooting endlessly without the need to reload while doing relatively poor damage.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:The idea is by making them deal with an ammo system, you can increase gun power. This allows guns to be strong, but not be omg, styxshout,wild ride op death mania.

After seeing these, I think I can get on board for this idea. The possibility of losing too many actions as a downside still is something that I'm worried about.
As long as Fleur exists, you'll be fine.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Thats why I used the term shell, Rifles and pistols shoot cartridges