Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bare fists,
So the reason this issue even exists is because the game tracks bonus crit momentum on a per weapon basis. A long time ago it tracked them via item type, but this meant that if you were dual wielding two of the same weapon, you wouldn't get bonus momentum from the other one in the same round.

The system could be changed to where bare fists is treated as the same weapon through multiple hits, but honestly, Styx Shout might be the one that needs to get changed. It's not a very interesting skill to begin with and it does lead to some worrying situations, like using it with explode shuriken or getting a bunch of Vydel procs from Tarnada.
Styx Shout is a super solid monster skill in general, I actually don't know much to say about it, but I haven't seen it become much problem, even with all the new shuriken that are out.
Styx Shout technically isn't a spell. I'm sure it was just a poorly designed skill that was made into a spell so that Silence would stop it from being used.

But now that things like Youkai skills can be silenced without counting as spells, that can be changed.

It could also be possible to give people access to only one Bare Fist weapon normally, adding in a second only if they have Sub Attack.