Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afterlife for more serious RP situations
((Moved my post to Suggestions.))

I still think the easiest solution to this would be an fantasy afterlife system for this. The game was made on the rule of thumb in consent, why can't it apply to the game mechanics itself?

Fights are separated between Lethal, Serious, Spar and Training.

Whenever you are defeated in a Lethal fight, a bleeding skull icon appears above you to symbolize that you are dying. Main Class curates can click this skull to attempt a revival on you. While you are dying, you get 'frozen in place' and they have 5 minutes to revive you. (This is mostly so you can RP your death or something before parting ways to the otherworld, or to give people time to save you.)

If you are a Vampire or Lich, you're sent to the Oblivion, where you should wait 7 in-game days to resurrect at the Nameless Shrine's cavern. Or 1 in-game hour, if you are a Lich. Vampires defeated with their Essence at 0 will be killed normally and will have to go through the same ordeal as mortals.

After the time runs out, you get a message prompt asking if you are ready to be sent to limbo yet (I have SL1 in mind here, and I still love the concept behind it), if you press 'no', five more minutes of wait are added, but if you press 'yes', you'll be off to the otherworld, where you have to work your way, as a Soul, to restore your body back and return to the Living Realm of Sigrogana, trying to convince Enma that you shouldn't be dead yet.

You start your journey back to the living realm in the depths of the underworld, all fucked up for short. While you are dead, you'll be permanently cursed by every Curse skill available for a Hexer, upon entering combat. And your equipment will be temporarily locked as you have to walk through Lazarus, fighting some other corrupted spirits (or fleeing from them, if you can't fight) to restore your condition by finding the Devil Trees, and stealing one fruit from each of them. Each fruit will restore one slot of your equipment and cure you from one curse. This part I would suggest to make it a big nuisance that depends on extreme RNG. Such as a lot of 10% chances or something unfun like this.

Once everything is done and cured, you'll have Enma's appreciation and he 'might' give your body back for amusing him. (Maybe after fighting a pretty hardcore boss of some sort?) and once the body is back, you can walk your way out of Lazarus, towards the only accessible part for the whole populace of Sigrogana, as it's hinted, that is protected by Reapers. And from there onwards, those Reapers might be either IC or just more NPCs trying to keep you from going out of where you belong. (Reaper race when.)

If everything is done right, you'd be back to the living realm in no time. (Just being optimistic. Of course there should be some pretty hardcore difficulties to go back to life like this.)

This could make death be semi-serious, in a way, while being consensual.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This isn't DBZ, there's no afterlife that's just as good as the real life. You go to Lazarus and wander there for all eternity or become a spirit.
Gotcha.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]