Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cactus, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore
This seems to be a bug with Desert's generation I actually haven't seen until recently, though that might just be me. Regardless.
[Image: eb37eacfc71020a6cde997edb972dc55.png]
[Image: aaa71c79a6fc1dcd3d62b880964eb5e3.png]

Things like this occurred on every floor of this dungeon. The bug: Map generation is using tiles other than plain desert walls, ones that are dense yet see-through, like the cacti. This allows you to catch glimpses of tile space not yet recycled for new use yet.

It's harmless enough, but like I said, I don't remember ever seeing this before. I'm a bit of a goof, but I feel certain I've dove into enough Deserts in the months I have played to have noticed this sooner. It may have come from something else added with the Reaper update.

Edit: Confirmed this happened in one of the static Deserts as well, so it wasn't that one dungeon.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
It's Lazarus duh.
Well, Blis apparently got lost outside of a Crypt. I didn't see the full information on that, so I didn't update this, but then I ran into this as well.

[Image: 50ed928a2c1b2fb86165a8f92eea1970.png]
I think map generation is just bugged in general now.
Just to verify, are we sure this is along the edge of the map entirely? As in, the very outside of the dungeon level. There aren't rooms between them/etc.
That's the edge of the map, yes.

I've confirmed recently. In Deserts it helps to deduct what might be the problem, the props are spawning in the wrong place. (i.e, The borders of the map.) A single visit to Live will show you them in better detail, because this is happening quite often.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Snake" Wrote:That's the edge of the map, yes.

I've confirmed recently. In Deserts it helps to deduct what might be the problem, the props are spawning in the wrong place. (i.e, The borders of the map.) A single visit to Live will show you them in better detail, because this is happening quite often.

You know, I recall why I thought this wasn't happening before. When this would happen before, I'm pretty sure the map generator would then fill in the three tiles 'behind' the prop with more walls to complete it, allowing props to be embedded into the wall in a way. I very distinctly remember this having been the case...

Regardless, here's a case from Airide that shows a similar case to what I've only been seeing in Fire Altars but in the Forest.
[Image: zbME8JuVRGaxyXVQWRhkxg.png]

It's always this opening to the south that allows you to walk off into the abyss of the map with nothing supposedly stopping you. I haven't actually tried running off into one to see if I was restricted or not.

Edit: Removed a line because I reread and realized I interpreted a subject wrong.
I've ran into giant, black emptiness in the middle of dungeons before.

I think Camps are the problem here. When you make one, and your screen is big enough, you'll see tiles that belong to dungeons or houses.
[Image: jjjj.png]

And I think these dark zones are big enough to give credit to my theory.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
In addition to this, when there are gaps in the walls on dungeons and you fight monsters outside of those gaps, the stairs in the dungeon floor disappear and you can't use an alga plume to get out. Relogging seems to be the only way out.
"Galethvia" Wrote:In addition to this, when there are gaps in the walls on dungeons and you fight monsters outside of those gaps, the stairs in the dungeon floor disappear and you can't use an alga plume to get out. Relogging seems to be the only way out.

Now this is incredibly concerning. Can you give a bit more detail though? Primarily, is it the same floor of the same dungeon, or are you just left in the battlefield or some other black box? (This has happened to me before, but that was an unexpected occurrence entirely. But in that case, I actually had to wait for server reboot, I think.)

Odds are though, this is just an effect of making the game lose track of where you were and such by initiating the battle on a tile it has no record for, since it has to keep track of what dungeon you were in to replace the mob should you choose to Flee.

The stairs thing what I'm wondering about.
No, the battle ended normally and I got back to the floor of the dungeon I was on, but after looking around the floor, the stairs were gone, and there weren't any more mobs (thought that may have been because they were all killed, though they may have also vanished like the stairs...and I think the gathering points may have vanished too). Luckily though, all it took was a relog to get me out of it.