Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giga Spatial Core
An idea that popped up, frankly it doesn't feel like clearing out a lvl 70 dungeon feels very worth it, you get the same end reward as any other high level dungeon, a massive spatial core.

What if a dungeon's core floor is at lvl 80, it drops a new spatial core type that gives you the same rewards as the massive spatial core, BUT, in every giga core would be a random 10 star equipment piece, I figure that due to how many 10 stars there are, the chance of pulling out a boss 10 star is low, but its a good enough chance to crack open these cores and hunt for them in super high leveled dungeons.
Why not? At least it gives an end-game goal for some people.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
That would be great, yeah. +1
Overall, I want to +1 this, because the idea in general is great. I have one concern though. Please don't think I just want to shoot the idea down. It's an honest concern.

"Spoops" Wrote:in every giga core would be a random 10 star equipment piece, I figure that due to how many 10 stars there are, the chance of pulling out a boss 10 star is low, but its a good enough chance to crack open these cores and hunt for them in super high leveled dungeons.

This is a guarantee? I get a feeling this'll disrupt things a bit. Even a pretty high chance is better than a guarantee. It sounds good on an individual basis, but then you realize that every level high level character is going to flock to every 70 they see and cause about 25 new 10*'s to be spawned for every level 70 dungeon until they're no longer even uncommon. Especially since getting a core does not require even a Partial Clear, as far as I remember. Fuck, even a Full Clear is easy to get if you're not the only party in the dungeon, but if your only objective is the core, everyone's just going to rush to clear the final floor and grab that shit.

Commonness leads to a loss of value and all that. I don't know how to word my warning here appropriately. Just thought I should bring it up since it was the first thing that came to my mind.

If someone else wants to give a stronger analysis of that, go ahead. If anyone wants to suggest some way we could maybe alleviate that sudden 10* boom, please do, because my only suggestion would be requiring a Full Clear, and I don't know if that's the best idea.

Otherwise, I'll give this my +1.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
Well, that's what I thought. It being a full clear? Hell to the yeah, even better.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Full Clear would probably be the easiest solution to slow down what I'm concerned about. I said it probably wasn't the best because it sounds more like a pain in the ass to want to do than an actual challenge.

Also, I thought more about why I was actually concerned, so let me put it better: We want this because we want something worth working for by having to go through a level 70 dungeon, right?

My concern is this: What this will really do is make 10*'s more common, which are the hardest items to obtain right now. It'll be fun for a while, but once they've circulated into the trade market, you won't need Giga Cores anymore either. Prices for 10*'s will go down due to how common they are, and people will just buy them for faster access and then go back to complaining about there being no reason to endgame.

I didn't want to say it in my first post, because I thought it sounded dumb, but my second reaction to this was, "11*'s when then?" Because that's kind of what I think will happen with this. We'll grow out of 10*'s even and need an even greater step up to shoot for with endgame.

With all those thoughts laid out, I think I've given all the skepticism this suggestion needs from me. If we want to just see how far Full Clear restriction gets us for now, I'm genuinely okay with that.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
Personally, I think we still have enough 10*s dancing around. And exclusive 10*s may not be all that worth it- 8*s and 9* are plenty hard enough to get, and may supplement a build better.
(I'm not pointing fingers, here, but Dragon King's Gauntlets never spawns for anyone ever.)

Although, with that being said, there's valid reasoning behind this- a lv50 can get the same as a lv70+, after all. I do think that this isn't particularly worth doing higher level dungeons aside from the random 10* drop from ordinary encounters. I do agree with the point that there needs to be more incentive to doing a higher level dungeon.

If it weren't for the red chests added recently, as well as ordinary monsters at a high enough level having a chance to drop 10* weapons and gear.

Sure, the chances are low as shit, but there's always the possibility that you could get lucky on anything and get a 10* out of thin air after a normal enemy encounter. While I do agree there's not enough incentive to do higher level BDPs, there aaaare plenty of ways to get 10*s already. Not to mention the swindling at Fortune's Favor, but not my point.

I do like the idea, but first, I'd rather see the chances of red chests dropping, or them appearing at lower levels.
[Image: unknown.png]
+1 from me.
Absolutely not. Higher level dungeons means higher level enemies which have a higher chance to drop 10* and catalysts already.