Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low Impact Kicking
[Image: 18118429a4.png]

Verglas skill seem to suffer the same issue as Kensei skills did, low baseline power that makes a rank 1 skill hardly worth it, and even their rank 5 numbers aren't very good, their FP Costs drastically lower each rank so I think it'd be fair to give the verglas skills the same scaling as kensei skills, high base with lower scaling, like 100% at rank 1, going up by 10% scaling per rank.

Also, to knock out two birds with one stone, face stomp is an incredibly under-utilized skill that once used to be Verglas' bread and butter, could it be possible for face stomp not to cure knockdown? Its damage bonus should be based on someone needing to be knocked down anyway and it doesn't gain benefits like missing HP scaling from Execute.
I agree completely here.
Yeah. Verglas is the only autohitting class that doesn't do any significant damage with their autohits, added to the part of their class skill tree points are way too consuming.

Monk got reworked, Boxer got launched on the premises of GR, and Verglas was just forgotten. Make it be a base 100% like Kensei, and everything will be fine and dandy.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It doesn't really matter though because unlike Kensei, Verglas doesn't have a bunch of passive skills that are borderline required.
I guess, I mean there's Permafrost and the respected tree passives, which can be required depending on setup, but I think you're right about that, in regard to low scaling high base, whats the status on increasing the total scaling to about 130% at rank 5 for Rising Kick/Point Kick/Cold Front/Axe Kick and 120% for rapid kick at rank 5?
How about we Revisit the topic of making the Innates Tree skills more valuable for the coresponding Tree?

I remember once that Kameron brought it up and Dev aswell said that the loss of identity for Bear, Fox and Hare is a valid concern. I believe we could kill two birds with one stone and instead of touching the skills directly maybe add a little something to the stances to make it more impactful and fun to play?

Possible add something like this:
Quote:You take your stance upon the use of a Skill connected to the coresponding Skilltree which only changes upon the use of a skill from another tree.
Bear Stance: +5%*Rank bonus Str Scaling to your Bear-tree offensive Skills
Hare Stance: +5%*Rank bonus Cel Scaling to your Hare-tree offensive Skills
Fox Stance: +5%*Rank Bonus Wil Scaling to your Fox-tree offensive Skills

If you use a Skill from the Stance you are currently in, the FP costs are reduced by Rank*2

This together with a slight boost and maybe tiny bit reduced FP costs for Hare/bear tree would make the kicks actually useable? Just an idea.