Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charging Smash
Charge + Move + Bash right now takes 5 Momentum. This can be good in certain circumstances, but more-often-than-naught you're left with 2m left over and not much to do with it.

In most cases, a person could use Incise or get a 20% shield.

Or, if you got the knockdown effect, you can just bash again and be done with it.

This is... Kind of jarring, in terms of momentum. This might not happen if you get a crit before and do all this stuff, but it's very 'meh' otherwise.

Thoughts on how to fix: When you charge > move > bash someone, you get refunded the bash momentum (1) if you actually moved (No Thunderhooves)
Honestly, to make it less complicated, what if we just had Bash cost 0m if the previous action was Movement? Once per turn and only with that specific condition, like half the Cobra actives.

My thoughts on this are that, looking at it logically, you shouldn't have to put extra momentum into the act if you're making use of previous momentum (actual word, not game mechanic) to do it.

I don't know if there'd be much extra room for abuse with that though. I think the Thunderhooves thing should also be accounted for.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
I think it's fine the way it is now. Charge Bash in melee range is something you can play around if you want to avoid potentially getting knocked down. If they can move across the map and still knock you down and do a follow-up, it'd probably be a little overbearing.
... You mean like Shukuchi + quaking heaven kick.

Or Shukuchi + heaven kick + leaping Lizard + axekick (or whatever the one that KDs is.)

Right now, you can still Charge + Move + quaking round trip (as far as I'm aware. Maybe it has changed) and drag someone all the way across the map to you, away from their allies.

Being able to Charge + move into melee + bash and maybe do something else isn't exactly overpowering, and as you said. It's a 50% chance to knock the target down (with a direct counter to being charge bashed being spiked treads)... So you could have it be on the 50% that you don't KD with it. I dunno.
Those are either specific setups or things that give you a weakness (see: quaking giving you a water weakness, water being one of the absolute worst things you can be weak to because it has a habit of destroying you quite quickly).

I'm with dev on this one, personally.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
If you want to charge and knockdown someone while dealing damage, aquire turnover. (It still does that, right.)

So I'm onboard with Dev.
Imagine the exceptional bullshit you could pull with cinder tiles being involved.