Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Discussion] Limited Skipping
I'd honestly like to see either of two things for skip

1) -1m on next turn, cumalitive if you keep skipping.

2) a status gained by skipping that halves the effectiveness of Cel for turn order tracking in the next round.
All this discussion about skip really makes me think about the trait rework that Dev implies is imminent.
I hope so too. Trait rework to match the new feel of post gr is a good thing to look forward to.

but the biggest issue with skip isn't limiting when to use it, its that its 0 consequence, skipper gets to pick when to skip, if you don't counter skip you will get doubled, and the double they gave you likely doesn't matter since they felt confident enough to skip.
I never said it would be imminent. As I've said before, I'm still in the planning stages.

Skip is in the same spot as Tactician (the trait) is, in that I'm tempted to just get rid of them entirely. In Skip's case that might mean removing the action, in Tactician's case it might mean removing the bonus M or making it 'default' in some way, although that's a different discussion.
"Neus" Wrote:in Tactician's case it might mean removing the bonus M or making it 'default' in some way, although that's a different discussion.

This certainly deserves a discussion of its own, because that bonus M has become something of a staple to the game and not in a particularly bad way. I would very much defend its remaining unless a good counter-point could be raised, but I will wait to see it.

As for getting rid of Skip, if PvE was made more smooth with spawn placements and such, (not counting First Move's issue) the only appropriate defense I can think of for not removing Skip would probably be cooperation between party members whose different CEL's do not match what the best turn order for them to work together would be, which applies to both PvE and PvP.

In fact, people skip a lot in dungeon parties.

Still, I would say to just go ahead and remove it once that's the only defense left, then see where it gets us. I think we'd need to experience it to decide if not having Skip at all would be such a bad world or not.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
I'd argue skipping makes dungeons too easy.
If Tacticians 7 m becomes default, if monsters/mobs get this, this will inevitably break youkai, we'll have to adress that too, but back on topic, Skip I feel should be removed as the impact is only on people running dungeons a bit -too- easy. Now they actually have to be engaged in their strategies in dungeons instead of breezing it in a double turn.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water