Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One way mirror
Is it possible for spirit mirror to have a visual indicator? Such as a shine on the player's chest or something, as there are certain passives like Mysterious which hide the usual check for spirit mirror.
Isn't that the main point of Mysterious anyway?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Reflect projectile is an incredibly strong status that could decide a fight almost all on its own if say a gunner had an excel rifle, and shot a 3x rifle into it, or an arbalest doesn't take care and fires one of their strongest skills as well, let alone a ryemei mage firing off a CM'd Ryemei into someone's face and being greeted with 700+ of their own damage.

The main point of mysterious is to hide your status effects so that an enemy doesn't know if you're stealing a spell, invoking or preparing a big buff from behind a smokescreen, I don't think its intended to mask cheesy Spirit Mirror strats.
To be honest with you, if you charge up your strongest attack willy nilly as a projectile knowing spirit mirror is so accessible and get hit by it, that's your own fault. You can afford to check before going full in.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Mysterious prevents you from checking Raigen, it makes it so you cant see status effects which is currently the only way to see spirit mirror when someone has Plain
I don't know, Spoops. I think by 'check before going full in,' Raigen means taking a potshot to check/waste Spirit Mirror use. This is what I used to do with my MG because I was fully aware of the risk that would come with preparing an Overcharge Sound Shell as my first attack after making the mistake firsthand.

I can see your point, but if you make the case for Spirit Mirror, I could make the case for Crystal Mirror and Bulwark. These aren't as bad to walk into foolishly as Spirit Mirror, but the point remains that accessories being hush-hush at first is part of the strategy and if you're going to want icon overlays for Spirit Mirror, we'd eventually end up with accessories dictating icon appearances in battle much to people's 'how much mechanic is IC' dismay.

And Spirit Mirror only reflects a single projectile throughout the entire battle, so having people be able to so easily recognize and therefore work around it would invalidate Spirit Mirror as a useful accessory. As much as I hate the strategy, I think it's a valid one.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]