Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ether Winvitation
applying psilfa costs 3m, and stupidity, or 3m and 3m to make them hit you. If they aren't going to force you to attack, you can spend a round baiting them or buffing.

Also Using one thing from another class as the basis of denying a whole option dodging EI is a joke.
You have to consider that not everyone uses Hexer and Plisfa. I have ghosts that use Kensei or VA or ST and so on. A lot of the time on these characters its a gamble to even land the EI unless they have no evade. Hell not even that long ago someone turned my ghost/BK's hit rate to -48%.
A better joke is if this thread reaches 10 pages of this stupid stalemate.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'm not saying that everyone who plays Ghost plays Hexer as well, I was just stating an example that negates EI's weaknesses, while you guys take this seriously and let EI be nerfed to what was purposed before instead of trying something complicated and complex for something that needs a nerf as soon as possible.

Also, have to agree with Kunai here.
Seeing that it's nearly impossible to filter out the white noise in this thread by now, I'll leave a final comment and be on my way.

Hit vs Dodge is tipped heavily in the accuracy stacker's favor, and being hit with a single EI as a dodge build will likely kill you outright. 75 damage/rank is a band-aid fix, but there's nothing wrong with implementing one while everyone sits on a better solution. My personal vote still lies in the dynamic scaling Chaos suggested very early on in the thread, where the damage cap is scaled based on your missing % hp. (Example: 500 damage at 15% health or less, 100 damage at 80% or higher, etc) Static missing health gifts the most effective use of this skill to full tanks, who can use EI more and survive some EI's themselves.

Throw something at the wall and see what sticks, even without Ether Invitation Ghosts often outclass their Kensei counterpart with nothing but Wraithguard and Rising Game.
For now, may as well go with the "band-aid solution" if it makes people happy.

I personally have an idea I feel will be much better - based on why EI got buffed to it's current numbers in the first place - but I think a bunch of people are too caught up on the 75*rank option to care, to the point that it's even been said to discuss other ideas later. As such, I'll leave it in a spoiler tag for those who are unwilling to humor the idea of anything else.

Why Ether Invitation was Buffed:

At 50*rank, capping at 250 BEFORE applying any modifiers (Def/Res/Hunted/etc,) it was honestly pretty freaking pathetic most of the time, unless you went around doing things like stacking Fallcall and Holy. This is due to how the cap was BEFORE any modifiers. And that's the entire problem, isn't it? The modifiers. They allow bypassing of the cap, since the cap is applied BEFORE modifiers. My original suggestion was always to re-organize the order of calculations... but Dev just wanting to crank the cap up simply opened the floodgates for abuse while completely ignoring the original problem completely.

My proposal:

I say, we put it back to 50*Rank, but apply the cap AFTER modifiers. Missing 400 HP going up against 50% DR? You do 200, not 125 due to the initial cap. This means that no matter what modifiers you have, you can only do 250 maximum, regardless of if you're pitting 250 missing HP against 0% DR or if you're missing 1000 HP and going all Fallcall Holy on someone.

My plea to Dev

Seriously, Dev, these "capped" skills are the absolute worst and always have been, due to how the cap is applied before any modifiers. I remember back when board shaker was new: I had a bodyguard equipped, went to go test rank 1 against some Jammer Deltas who had 22 res... and did THREE damage, THREE, because the cap of 25 was applied before the 22 res since Def/Res were flat reductions back then.

For the love of Kraken, Huggessoa, and Ryart (but not Mercala, that bitch owes me money) any time one of these must exist, please make the cap AFTER modifiers.
*loud burp*
while I like the Idea for the cap changes ran, I cant agree with it for EI because its a step backwards. All it would accomplish would be in making it guaranteed damage for high HP sponges.

I'd much rather tie it to % of missing health than to a capped number.
I changed it to require 25% HP or less. We'll see if that's an overnerf or if it really addresses the problems or not.
I'd appreciate that for now, thank you Dev.