Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kadouha Again
Muh true damage.

Either way, as long as it does worthy damage I don't mind what changes are made. I'm certainly sure Kadouha's not a fluff skill.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
it being light damage is a problem chaos

Monks build STR, CEL,LUC, Sometimes they build for crit with skill and guile, sometimes they go omnitank and ignore dodge.

but making kadouha scale on faith is not useful on a monk.

secondly, light is tied for the most resisted element with dark.

make it scale purely on weapon attack, make it elemental augment or akashic.

It doesn't even fit the lore of ki blasts.

ki blasts aren't holy. Ki blasts are raw spiritual energy driven by physical prowess. Like many fighting games, ki blasts can be augmeneted like the dark psycho blasts, Kens flaming blasts, Guile's sonic booms, ect.
But faith is useful to a monk its FP and crit evade, I don't mind that its light damage, its just something to build for, there's even fists that scale partial faith.
The major problem here is that Kadouha doesn't do enough damage for a skill that requires some build up.

I don't agree with changing the skill to do True Damage, when the damage type isn't the problem, but I can work with it doing Ki% damage.
It's not a problem that Kadouha does Light Damage. Yes, it's 'inconvenient' that it scales on Light ATK and thus does not fit in typical Monk builds but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Heck, if anything, a few more Monk skills could utilize Light ATK scaling so building Faith doesn't seem like that bad of an idea. (Aid and Sun Flare come to mind.)

The big issue with Kadouha is the lackluster damage. It does comparable damage to the other Monk skills (barring Setting Sun) but consumes all your Ki, only hits slightly harder when specializing it and the additional effects are underwhelming. 'Growing in size' is okay but not what I'd consider a good bonus for dumping all your Ki.

If I had to make a suggestion for changes, they'd be something like this (bolded the suggested changes):

Consumes Ki and unleashes a projectile of it in a line that travels X (2 + 1 per 3 Ki) Range away (can be resized) or until it hits an enemy. On hit, it deals Light magic damage, based on your Fist's Scaled Weapon ATK, your Light ATK, and the Ki consumed * 2. It also gains bonus effects if it consumes enough Ki.

10 Ki: Grows in size, hitting a wider area every step and pierces enemies instead of being destroyed.

20 Ki: Explodes when the projectile ends, dealing 75% of its damage to enemies that weren't hit in 3 Range.

30 Ki: Overall damage is further increased by 25% and enemies directly in the path of the projectile are Knocked Down by the sheer force.

Rank 5: 120% SWA and 120% Light ATK.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
All of Sly's suggestions sound perfect to me, I like the addition of knockdown at the final stage, gives a huge impact to the 30 ki version of Kadouha, which sets it up for use for monks that don't build light ATK either, which would likely please everybody.
Well, I support Slydria's suggestion for this. Let's go with it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I also agree with Sly's suggestions, all for it!
Sly's suggestion sounds good to me, too! I wish there would also be some kind of fun interaction with Ki Awoken, but not sure what unfortunately.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]