Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ninja Void Assassins
[Image: ib1xFbkPSr2AMp9pXS8fwg.png]

Can this either cost 1M to use, or grant a 3 round immunity to those debuffs it cleanses? The design of this is pretty odd without an immunity attached to it.

Because let's say, a Kensei who's slower than the Void Assassin will just re-apply Absolute Death and will still have 4M to act freely. Or worse, Staff of Eyes will just re-apply an Analyze Weakness for just hitting the Void Assassin, so cleansing it beforehand would be pointless and a waste of Momentum.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This is a constant issue with status clears in the game, and probably needs a mechanic change to handle it. But until then, I think tacking on a three round immunity is good.
I absolutely agree with this. This skill should discourage using those skills vs V.A.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
If they're going to spend the momentum to reapply it, why should you not have to spend momentum to remove it again?
Some of those statuses come with extra effects, such as damage or field effects. In such cases, trying to remove them is actively detrimental, as you waste Momentum on a status that will be immediately reapplied. There's also the situation in where applying the debuff is cheaper than removing it.
Some of the status effects listed in Obscure are quite 'way too easy' to re-apply and often are no 'waste of Momentum' for the enemy, as they come along with a boat load of damage, and that's why immunity is needed, exactly as MegaBlues said.

At least Marked For Death, Hunted, Glowing and Analyze Weakness, may need an immunity of 2-3 rounds, whenever you use Obscure.

Other statuses, such as Watchful Eye, Claret Call and Enemy Evaluation are quite harmless and situational, and sometimes come without damage being done by the enemy, or simply are the bread and butter of a whole class (Claret Call for Ghosts).
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]