Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haya-whatsa?
A while ago I made a thread on tsukikage (http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...amp;t=4080) which caused a bug to get fixed, a set effect bug, which plunged Hayabusa into basically the worst set for any weapon pair.

Hayabusa, the dagger set for Hikage and Tsukikage have been long forgotten, they deal poor damage, and even then they deal elemental damage, simply put I've been trying to use these in PvE of all things and even then these daggers do not measure up to any other dagger in any way, I think during Great Reckoning these daggers got hit the hardest, way too hard infact.

I'd argue these daggers are unusable, I'm doing a full 1-60 run on a LE'd character with Hayabusa daggers and I swear this is the hardest time I've ever had leveling a VA, hitting resists on ocean blood, hitting absorbs on firespitters and on goblins, this is just not a good set.

These daggers need some sort of rework to them, they're unusable, no one I know even uses these things so I don't even think changing their scaling would be a bad thing either.

For one, I think they need to be pierce damage like other daggers, or at least have a toggle that makes them pierce damage because in PvE you'll constantly hit absorbs from 2 groups of monsters if you use dagger dance, and dagger dance is a non toggleable passive.

I'd make other suggestions but honestly I wanna hear other people's thoughts.
This is pretty self-explanatory. Hayabusa is just laughable in PvE. Goblins absorb Water, Fireblood absorb Fire. It's just 'the' troll weapon set at the moment that enrages your allies who are struggling to fight, but you keep healing the enemy effortlessly. This really needs to ignore absorptions or else this set will be just Pre-GR history, when you could use Hikage/Hikage or Tsukikage/Tsukikage.

The only two adjustments I'd see fit for the weapon to jump back into not-mediocreness are:

Quote:-- Hayabusa gains a new third effect:
>Negates elemental absorb of the user and enemies. (Like Nihilist)
or
-- Hayabusa's 'Pierce to Fire/Water' damage type change if you have Tsukikage/Hikage becomes now:
>On-Hit: Deals 100% of your Fire ATK as Fire magic damage if you have Tsukikage.
>On-Hit: Deals 100% of your Water ATK as Water magic damage if you have Hikage.
and
-- A change on both dagger's scalings:
>Hikage's scalings become 40% STR/55% GUI.
>Tsukikage's scalings become 40% VIT/55% GUI.

Or just both, really. Better rework this set all at once so you don't need to bother with it anymore in like forever.

The poor damage doesn't justify it's effects anymore, not when both effects are easily resisted or lol-absorbed by any type of enemy you face nowadays. And this can't be exploited at all due to the need of having exactly Hikage and Tsukikage in your hands for Hayabusa to activate.

I really miss using the 'ninjaest' of the daggers. :|
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Ooh, I like changing the fire/water damage types to on-hits too, I like a few of Kunai's suggestions here.
Dunno, 100% of elemental ATK for a set that will benefit from Dagger Dance seems a little strong to me.
I agree, 50% sounds fine, on that note fan-daggers scale 50% elemental damage for two elements at a time, and also have 120% total scaling.
"Neus" Wrote:Dunno, 100% of elemental ATK for a set that will benefit from Dagger Dance seems a little strong to me.

What Spo said. I've exaggerated a bit on the count, but it was on the idea to compensate for the small scaling.

If the scaling is gonna get buffed to match the other weapons of the same rarity, the bonus damage won't really need to be so big and 50% at most would be fair for each. But what is your opinion on everything listed in an overall, Dev? In specific, the Nihilist effect. Without it, they would still get absorbed by those monsters and 'lower' your damage, regardless.

Water can't be absorbed by player characters at all, Fire can, but only with Red Letter, and with a major drawback behind.

Added to that, this won't be able to be exploited by mages, since Hayabusa requires you to be using Hikage and Tsukikage, and they can't be used as casting tools for anything but Lightning (Thanks to Conduiz), BUT, Lightning can't be absorbed either.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Personally as someone who doesn't even have a single viable melée character I still agree these daggers deserve love as I love the concept and they can't even be abused because of them being dual daggers so I say why not with kunai and spo's suggestions.
We were on a breakthrough but never ultimately came to a decision, how about this as a final note:

Hikage gains 50% fire atk on hit
Tsukikage gains 50% water atk on hit

Hayabusa new set effect: "Ignore Fire and Water absorb/immunity"

I don't feel this will be unbalanced if Hikage/Tsukikage retain their fire/water damage types, as you'll absolutely need to dual wield these you cannot exactly abuse any fire/water spells.