Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terra Strike animation
Quote:Can Terra Strike's ranged animation be changed from an 'Earth Dragon' to something akin to Verglas's Crawling Spikes, but made of dirt instead of ice?

It has been something that's irking me constantly whenever I see the skill being used repetitively. A dragon spawns out of nowhere from the ground as you punch it, and proceeds to headbutt the enemy several times, and somehow breaks the tile under them in the process.

This just feels... Wrong. Unfitting from an IC perspective. And I personally think it doesn't quite fit the theme of 'a heavy Ki strike to the ground that breaks everything on its way apart'. Besides, the 'Dragon' aesthetic already belongs to Dragon Gale, and a Mage's spell, Mud Dragon.

Setting Sun has an amazing animation that fits the thematic of a 'setting sun', Dragon Gale is super fitting due to what the skill was before and became post-update, a gut punch and a roundhouse that summoned the fury of a dragon... SO, why would a 'ground strike' also be a dragon? This needs to be re-evaluated on free time, Dev.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Agreed. A good idea for this would be to instead make a ground shockwave motion in a line (the ground breaking apart as it travels to the opponent.) That way it could keep it's effect instead of me having to suggest sending it back to it's (glorious) pre-update form.
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
I think the Isenshi animation would fit here, just adjust it so that each spike comes out like crawling spikes does.
I like punching earth at people. Agreed.
I think it's fine, plenty of earth attacks use similar animations so I don't want to get rid of one that manages to break away from it.
But Dev, This uses Stone Dragon's animation, really. It still doesn't match the description of the skill itself.
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
I'm with dev on this one, myself. Yes, dragons are used in multiple attacks (Stone Dragon, Dragon Gale, and Terra Strike) but spikes are also used in several attacks (Magaisendo, Isenshi, Crawling Spikes - if if you argue that Crawling Spikes doesn't count because it's icicles and not earth spikes, than neither was Dragon Gale because it's a wind dragon and not a stone dragon.) and I don't think everything needs to be the same by taking away from one category and adding to another that was already equally crowded.

As for the skill desription? It hasn't been fully updated since the old days when it was hitting the ground for an AoE; the effect of the skill itself is just different. We've seen this before, like with the Engineer Bots still listing 15 FP for the Turret when it was 50 after the update.
*loud burp*