Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arbarista
Right now, Arbalest is kind of in a bad spot (outside of the cinder/oil chain push/pull strats of murdering literally everything that moves in your general vicinity). The new Stun mechanic has gimped the only thing Arbalest was really known for (which was fuck you and your whole turn). It's a very interesting class, but the fact that Archer hasn't really got good main class skills and the fact that it's so SP thirsty adds up really, really quick for why it's kind-of a bad class.

I've a few ideas that might make the archer route a bit more bearable, for right now, at least.

1) Combine Snipe and Keyshot. There's no real reason for these to be split up. Archers already take a -40 to their hit rate if they want to hit MA, and get DR if they want to hit a Duelist/MA. Just combining these two will save 3-4 SP and allow the archer to have some wiggle room.

2) Figure out a better main-class skill for it. Marked Target isn't that good, due to (still) how good and how overbearing movement skills are considering they (still) don't trigger traps. That, or just give them something like +15% damage on enemies at range or something. Since Duelists get 10% DR and 10% Damage boost, MA gets 10% DR (with a shitton of restrictions) etc etc.

3) Change the arrow types to be either 1M (for more fluidity in swapping), or make them cost 3 SP to get the same effect they have at 5 SP.

4) Add an actual gun path for this fucking class. Right now it gets +15 hit, fortune wind, a trap, and warning shot. That's it. Why the fuck does Magic Gunner build off of a base class that has almost nothing to do with guns.
+1

My only success with arbalest comes from jank interactions from 7* weapons with neat effects mutated into bows
Arbalest is super strong and the suggestions you are making are for Archer not Arbalest, which is also really strong, even stronger than arbalest in some situations, right now they're both in a good spot if anything.

I could see a buff to some skills, such as Heavy Tackle, chained boomerang and straight cannon though.
If I may be so bold I'd like to state that there's still no good way to perform an evade based arbalest. Literally rendering you better off just using base class skills and a secondary class for evade. Archer needs a third promo based on evade and crit to fill the gap.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Thats a bit mis-guided Raigen, evade based arbalests have fortune wind(I run 2), it depends on their subclass to dodge, but I agree that a third archer promo has been needed for a while though, to sort of fill in a light footed Ranger sort of role, instead of Arbalests heavy bows and chains sort of shtick.
now that I have had some sleep I can think things over.

I agree partially with spoops

Arbalest are good at what they are good at, its just becoming so niche (stuns are useless now since being stunned actually makes you tanky) the two things arbalest excels at is causing mass damage to dumb people via oil chain, and being the only class with an effective tank buster (cannon).

Archer- marked target should be changed to something usable, traps aren't usable, if traps were 1m they might usable, because nothing triggers traps. I feel that the two passives could be condensed together, mostly because other base classes don't have to invest 15 points into passives. (except martial artists, but those passives are a good bit better than archers.) Also I'd love for archer to have more gun stuff.

And before someone brings up Magic gunner, that class has ruined guns, all guns have been balanced to a degree that they aren't over powered with MG, leaving guns in a shitty place where MG is the only way to get effective damage and every other effective way is "broken" or "op" because it can work with MG.
That's not true either, players have figured out that running MG is not as beneficial as say running Kensei or Engineer for gunners, as critical + GUI can do more than a mere 25% WIL Scaling, and MG does not have much critical on its own.
I meant the bonus effects/damage of shells, not the will scaling.