Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Lovin
Right now Soldier is mostly just.. auto-hit central. All of it's skills, bar shinken (the melee part), hanging (BK), Lead storm (DH [Desperado]), Wild Ride (DH [Desperado]), are all just... autohits. Literally every portion of it's kit makes it auto-hit central, and it's really only just for SPEAR/AXE/SWORD (with incise getting a small benefit for knifing a bitch).

I'd like to see Soldier, in the future, get some more... generic weapon attacks, and more support overall for each weapon type so that it isn't just 'meh'. The Tannite Militia is, what I'd assume Arbalest/Something... but despite being in the military, SOLDIER just doesn't fit for them at all unless they run demon hunter to just fucking fling their bow at their enemy like a god damn boomerang.

If there was a way to just swap out SPECIAL ATTACK 1 and give the skills as a passive of some sort to Soldier, that'd be a step in the right direction.

I don't exactly have any ideas of my own, but I know a number of lovely people who likely have their own ideas for making soldier less auto-hitty and adding a bit more cross-class benefits with it that isn't just straight up +stats because DH ur way 2 victory.
Duelist is hit-n-crit city, as a contrast to Soldier's auto-hit central.

To be frank, I don't think Soldier really needs non-autohits; while they lack any class skills that help with the normal attack/crit crowd, they have incredibly solid weapon autohits, and branches off into the only class that lets you go 'screw weapon skill restrictions'. Hell, they aren't even the go-to place for autohits; Martial Artist is 99.999999% autohits.

I don't see why we need to change up a class' stuff just to say 'this fits for militia npcs' either.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I agree with chaos here. Soldier has it's own dynamic that duelist contrasts with and I feel that it's decently balanced right now.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water