Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enchant Shield
Enchant shield should probably count as an enchant class skill or take the remaining duration of your current enchant, it only lasts 3 rounds atm.

Also I think that Astral Belt should be added as an option for Enchant Shield, idk what bonuses to give to it other than what Galren already provides.
+10 Guard LV for Astral Belt?

And yeah, I agree. Running shield enchantment isn't so appealing due to the lack of duration. So either make it use the enchanting talent, or just extend the duration to 8 rounds by default.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Making it an enchant category skill makes sense to me.
Feel like it's worth noting before making a change like this, but currently Enchant Shield can be stacked if you've got a source of multiple different enchant spells. I wasn't sure whether it was a bug or not, but it definitely should be taken into consideration if we're going to be able to stack elemental shields that last 10 rounds and give you 30-40% resistance for 1m guarding (depending on whether you've got a white spirit in it or not).

The bash damage and retaliation damage stack as well, though i'm not sure how that's affected by defense and resistances.
I did not know about that, I guess that issue should be addressed too.

But making it an enchant category skill sounds like it'd make the skill see more use, thank you.
I don't think it will be marginal or inertly 'broken'. Just a wild guess about what this will result in.

On a Balance-fu point of view, shields have no big use as of lately thanks to dual-wielding, one-hand, Martial Artist conditions, multi-shot guns not doing any significant damage and most importantly, an accessory that gives Guard, making the use of shields not so mandatory. And each time you use something to enchant your shield, you eat away 6M. (One to enchant yourself, other to enchant the shield.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]