Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bard advanced class
I've actually thought about the fact that bard are seen in some rpg games and I always loved the Idea, so it got me thinking aaaand.. I think I may have found something that would be cool to play and while not being too strong.

The bard could be a duelist advanced class, that mostly have buffs and AoE much like the lantern bearer, without actual elemental attacks, but using the sanctity stat to boost sound damage. Skills could vary to defense/ski/str/wil and cel buff, while having offensive skills such as ''Power Chord'' or something that could deal sound damage to every ennemies in a 3/4/5 tiles range while knocking them away 1 tile each. there could be passive skills that add reach to your AoE's effectiveness for the buff and so on.

I don't really know if it would be a lot of trouble making this happen, or if it'd be strong game-wise, But I'd Be so hyped to see this actually become a thing!
[Image: 976d4541d80a1e742bc08f314da3c4ff8c98a4fc...90270a.jpg]

Dark Bards when.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Bard is on my list. It might be its own stand-alone class or a new base class. It doesn't make a -ton- of sense for it to be a promoted class of one of the existing bases.
To be fair, Bard being relative to Archer is something that's been done in a lot of games, and it would be a much more particularly Archer-like promotion to Archer that Archer sorely lacks at the moment (you either become become an iron giant firing axes with your bow or you get guns.) Light-footed, rear line is the common between both Archer and Bard.

Classic stringed instrument utilized as a bow and all that jazz.

Honestly, I'd rather see Bard as a Support class 'musical archer' than something more standalone music-centric, otherwise it's just going to encourage people to play 'hip musician who fights by playing music 2good4ursoul' or 'the Justin Bieber of SL2 whose music causes physical wounds!'

I definitely don't see it as a Duelist promotion.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
Bard archers sounds so absurd it'd be neat. And would be the support archer destiny needs. I'm on the fence but if it kills two birds with one stone I'm happy.
(two of my three archers play violin.)
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
There's an instrument sub-weapon type, look at electric axe, bard could totally be a duelist or summoner promotion class.
OR A SOLDIER PROMOTIONNNNNNNN.

Seriously though. I'd prefer more instrument weapons, and Bard to either shoot off of Archer. (or Archer to get Ranger plz)
Would make more sense on Summoner because they'll always have something to support, if we're going by simple-minded thoughts.

BUT. I'd certainly prefer it being it's own class, we'd have more than just Bards if Bard ends up being a base class (Such as Dark Bards, Dancers or whatever comes up in mind.). What sucks (hah.) is that Vampires are probably gonna be the best Bards.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'd really love for bard to have it's own base class! ^-^ I didn't even think about that possibility, I've actually went and made an onigan bard with monk/kensei that plays the shamisen. I'm constantly changing my bgm so that it plays the tunes my character is persorming for rp reasons and stuff!
Honestly I'd like to see it as a new base class as well, that'd really shake things up.