Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ocean man, take me by the sword
30% is what I had in mind to make Weak! procs still possible on more than totally unresistant people, but I don't think River Sword should pump out Weak! procs as reliably given how drastically that raises damage potential, as stated.

When you're comparing the numbers to other setups, you have to consider how the setups are achieved and what they can do.

Reaver suffers a damage penalty the longer the combo goes, and Verglas often requires the enemy to be in one range for most of their skills for an entire combo. River swording someone has far more freedom, allowing you to run anything you want so long as you can connect with a Hit check.

Elemental weakness that you can apply to enemies only exists right now for Lightning, Ice, and Water. For a Weak! proc with the former two, it requires an invocation. River sword just demands you hit the person with a basic attack, and it lasts for longer than Intensify Cold (4 Duration vs 3), and is only 10% less of a weakness.

35% would hardly fix the issue, 30% would make it trivial to block Weak! procs, and 25% would almost entirely prevent it from creating Weak! procs on non-weak mobs. The latter is what I'm aiming for.

Anything that grants you 3 unmitigated actions a round is extremely powerful. There are resist items in the game, yes, but this doesn't justify how harshly it punishes people below 16% water resist.
The sword's still pretty useless as a sword.

How about elemental weakness gets consumed by the first water attack? The only problem seems to be that you can pull a wombo combo after simply landing a basic attack.
This way the sword retains its gimmick, while you'll have to deal with all the defensive stats we have.
Cel to actualy land the attack, def to do damage with it, res for the actual water damage.
If that change goes through, I'd actualy kick up the weakness to 50%.
How about an effect that works along the lines of:
Quote:On Hit: Deals or empowers a Water Weakness effect by 10% for 3 Rounds, to a Maximum of the Swords Power. (15% on crit?)

That way you can still shred someones Water Defense but you atleast have to apply a bunch of attacks before, with the Crit Add-On it might even encourage building one more stat to the build. Also if you want it to shred more Water Resist you have to use weapon parts for power and can´t just use the optimal hit things, further making you wanna build hit stats.

Note:
I haven´t checked how high you can push a River Sword yet, Power wise. Might need a small adjustment to the Max water weakness it can reach.
[Image: EbpUQ3F.png]

one i have from dungeons, unupgraded, for reference

What Shujin suggested wouldn't be too terrible, if it could go up to the 40% it has. The sword itself's pretty subpar, even if with somewhat decent scaling.
(STR 70% VIT30%, so stats you'll want to have in high enough numbers as melee anyway.)
+6 Upgrade
+8 Material
+2-7 from weaponparts
+2 for sharp
+6 (or is it 7.5?) If you wanted Rebellion.

38ish power if you go for max?
i mean that'd not prevent wombo combo that seems to be the main issue, simply delay it a little.
Bear in mind that you still need to connect with this weapon to land the effect, assuming they don't laugh it off with Steel Aura. If all you're doing is taking some Water-slinging spell build, slapping this weapon on them and throwing them at someone, you're not only forcing them to give up a equipment slot for it, they're also dealing very poor damage with just about no critical, assuming the target completely dumps evade. You'd need a two-man party, minimum, for a mage to truly abuse this effect, which is less of an issue than a one-man 'apply and destroy' build.

I would only do the following to the weapon's effect:
1. Decrease the effect's duration from 4 turns to 2 turns
2. Potentially lower the effect from 40% to 35%, to start
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Uh...I never have seen anyone using the wombo combo in a team, they are very well capable of doing that alone cause the sword just needs to hit, not to do damage. The water is what does the damage afterwards. Since you also trigger weakness it´s very easy to cast 3 spells on someone(With splash atleast.), it gets only worse when you add youkai to this since each youkai with water damage does not only more damage but can double tap their skill.

So I do disagree withthe arguement entirely. You neither need two people nor do you care as a Riversword user about the damage you deal with the sword cause of how powerful the effect is.

However, shortening the duration to force them to reapply it more often is useful, but it doesn´t matter in half the cases cause you were rushed down with so much damage in that time that not even Tanks could shrug it off, and everyone who did build for evade gets ruined anyway.
So I don´t think shortening the duration is the cure for this, but rather having the effect reach this high level harder.
>who did build for evade gets ruined anyway
>not even tanks could shrug it off

As someone that built to do somewhat okay damage with the sword in melee, has close to no defensive stats aside from VIT, some wil to get more water ATK, let me tell you something

i cant do shit to dodgers
tanks do a pretty good job of tanking this, unless they lack RES. (Y'know. Magic.). Steel aura, the ability to just hunker down before these casters run out of FP. (Which they do really fast.). Silence hinders them, too. Infact, makes them completely helpless, because their melee is garbage with this sword.

So all of that is pretty invalid.
I am not talking about you however, you are not using the absolute Bonder shit of Fast offensing with bonded youkai for 4 attacks the summoned round and 6-7 attacks the following most of the time without even the person being able to react cause youkai are damm fast.

Your build is tame in that aspect. The bonders are also not stopped by Silence (only very little in terms he can´t use the magic attacks himself) and in turn inflict silence themself with drowned woman and heals with Parratera.

I mean reducing the duration is certainly a good step in the right direction, I just don´t believe that would like combat the above scenario.