Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skillguine Crest
Sanguine Crest adds bonuses to WIL and SKI, yet I can't see myself gaining any extra skill slots from it. Those being the effects of investing points in WIL/SKI. Bonus statuses can influence if you get or not extra status. (See: How people can gain extra skill slots with equipment that grants bonuses on WIL or SKI.)

And, they probably do gain those skill slots but during battle only, which is a bit contradictory once you think about it, since you can't equip skills during combat, but in combat they would be able to use more skills.

SO, since Vampiric Crest increases FP and modifies Light/Dark Resistance out of battle. Can the bonuses in SKI/WIL also grant extra skill slots, like equipment does?

(And also for a foot note, forgive me if this is to be discussed in Balance-Fu instead, I think this is fine enough, personally? Vampires have harsh drawbacks to justify anything going on their favor. And since they can't fight prolonged fights, having as much skills to blast open on the opponent while they're alive would just be very appreciated to their unique suicide-bomber playstyle.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This would be pretty nice considering that otherwise, especially with WIL, they might have to increase their stat investment to a point they'd rather not and suffer diminishing returns when using sanguine crest to its fullest.
Isn't Sanguine Crest's bonuses reliant on a variable? Essence. Essence is a variable. Do you suddenly lose your skills mid-battle for dropping Silvermists?

When do Mages get extra skill slots for running Nerhaven or Kraken?

Major difference between variable bonuses and static bonuses. Why the Light/Dark Resistances and FP from Sanguine Crest show up out of battle is questionable, but I don't think any stat bonus that's variable like Sanguine Crest should provide skill slots.

Granted, you're probably not going to drop all of your Essence at the start of a fight solely to abuse having more skills than you'd have without Sanguine Crest's WIL/SKI bonuses, but it just doesn't make any sense. Equipment SKI/WIL bonuses grant skill slots because in the midst of battle, they're static. You can't change your equipment as a factor mid-battle, only out of battle, which I'm pretty sure removes skills from your skill list if you no longer have the skill slots to support them.

Anything that can cause that in the middle of battle is a bad idea.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
That doesn't happen with the Zeran racial passive that reduces WIL, or Sanctuary. You 'can't' lose skills mid-battle.

If anything, the Vampire will end the battle with less WIL/SKI and lose his slots 'after', if they decide to spend Essence like a bunch of careless immortals. It's yet another good drawback for Silvermist spammers, and gives the feel of 'a vampire has been weakened', especially when fighting a bunch of enemy waves.

And if the Vampire manages to end the battle without full Essence, they're digging their own grave, really.
"Snake" Wrote:That doesn't happen with the Zeran racial passive that reduces WIL, or Sanctuary. You 'can't' lose skills mid-battle.
But like Sanguine Crest, those effects are mid-battle and thus have no effect on skill slots. Skill slots are determined by what your SKI/WIL are out of battle. That amount doesn't change, ever, from anything that happens during battle. If you allow Essence to contribute to 'out of battle' SKI/WIL for the purpose of skill slots, then you open the door for such a thing being changed during battle.

Either way, it's a variable bonus, again.
Quote:In battle, your STR, WIL, SKI, CEL, and DEF by 1 per 20 Essence.
It's 'temporary.' Like Sanctuary. Like Superiority. Like Nerhaven/Kraken. As such, I don't see why it should have a permanent effect.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
I agree with Nano, its not like you're gaining the skill slots in battle or losing any skills because of it all, its a fair set back for relying on sanguine crest too much.

The other two reasons didn't provide as much as an edge as you'd think, the FP granted from sanguine crest would increase as soon as you got in battle, and your battle weight as well, making it just tools for people to metagame that you are a vampire.
I would rather see the additional FP/BW from Sanguine Crest removed entirely. Party members shouldn't get free passes to going 'OMG VAMPIRE!!!!!!!!', even with Stillness, Darkness as it is.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"Chaos" Wrote:I would rather see the additional FP/BW from Sanguine Crest removed entirely. Party members shouldn't get free passes to going 'OMG VAMPIRE!!!!!!!!', even with Stillness, Darkness as it is.

Don't worry that was already adjusted, your B/W and FP are adjusted out of battle so people cannot use that information.

The topic of skill slots is a different matter all together.
Nah, I don't think so.
;_;7