Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protection from Arrows
Protection from arrows seems to provide way too much evade against bow type weapons, this paired with heavy evade armor and unarmored prowess, all available within the same class, seem to wall out archers entirely, while I do believe that the point of the skill is to serve as a counter-tool against archers, it ends up driving bow hit into the negatives almost all of the time, this skill can already be paired up with Eviter to serve as insane utility vs archers.

Here's what I think, because negative hit isn't fun to fight, I think that protection from arrows should be changed to crit evade instead of evade, +40 crit evade as opposed to +40 evade will make an archer's life not more than likely facing the hardest counter in the game.
Archers hardly get more hit (or crit) than guns, due to the nature of snipers getting a +25 crit, +hit arrows, etc etc. Whilst the Arbalest bows are all wood (which means no OP remains), and the fact that Arbalest has to (or at least is very benefited from) raising their weapon weight to 20.

I'd rather just see Protection from Arrows just take a hit, overall, rather than being reworked to 40 crit evade (considering that is 40 points worth of luck/faith in any combination compared to the 20 points of cel that the evade gives)

Huge amounts of crit/crit evade has only shown itself to be issues in the past, and providing a way to get 40 crit evade vs bows for going monk, and then another 40 crit evade for also being BK (since that doesn't require heavy armor) is only going to serve the purpose of stacking to create a doomwall of "Archers can fucking suck it." more than the game already does.

Change it to require unarmored, a fist weapon, and reduce the crit evade down to 10 and I think it would be okay. If need be, can reduce it to 3 levels of 3 > 3 > 4 to balance that out. Otherwise it's just a ridiculously good skill adding onto an already very good class.
I agree, the bonus Evade that Protection from Arrows provides is too high, especially when you combine it with Unarmored Prowess for a passive +60 Evade against Bows.

I don't have an issue with it targetting Critical Evade instead. But +40 Critical Evade would also be too high, even for just a specific weapon type. So it'd need to be toned down, perhaps +20 would do.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I'm going to go ahead and agree with the idea of turning it into Critical Evade, while joining on Slydria's suggestion and saying the number should be halved.
Making it Rank*6 Critical Evade against Bows sounds the most appealing to me, to be honest. That should be +30 at max rank.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I'd rather see Protection from Arrows' Evade bonus halved.

I also have to seriously question why we should change it to Critical Evade. If it's the factor that 'drives bow hit into the negatives', as you've said, accuracy will still be terrible without it. If this is all possible without serious evade-buffing statuses, then it sounds like a bigger issue with Evade.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Halving the Evade bonus, instead of changing it to critical evade, seems to be the most reasonable option here. I'm with Chaos.

This skill always had the role of headbutting bow users, and now that building CEL for an Evasion proc is reasonable and fair in any class, I don't see why not gib a little the innate.

Either that or make it only work if your torso is Cloth material.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I could see it applying only if have only fist weapons equipped, perhaps.
I don't think that would fix the issue with the skill I think, the issue is that the numbers are tweaked too high, and Martial artist already kind of gets an evade buff already in the class, I think that martial artist can probably still make martial artist life rough by constantly being in their face and gaining crit evade vs them, personally I think that it should still be 8*rank crit evade, I'd much rather not be able to crit, than to not hit at all.

[Image: c835a73b5c.png]

This is one of my higher hit built arbalests, against one of my higher end dodge boxers, with no fear on the arbalest, the martial artist is able to wall out the arbalest's hit almost all of the time, had they put down fear on the arbalest, there'd be no contest here.