Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sky Hike
Skyhigh is a neat idea, but it's rarely used, as other things do it's job better, such as Rising Tide. Lantern Bearers rarely use their actual spears as well, so I'm just suggesting something to make it a bit more interesting.

Ashe has a skill called Sky Hook which we discover in the Kinu VS Ashe fight, that pulls foes down and knocks them down. Simply put, my suggestion is to give Skyhigh a bit of range, but Skyhigh itself only works on opponents in one range and are not airborne.

If you target an Airborne opponent, it turns into Sky Hook. Simple!

I believe this would be neat and make for cool combos, and give players access to a rather simple, but fun skill, much like how we got Solar Lance.

(And yes, I'm aware Typhurs knockdown effect was added in mind to combo with this - but even so, Skyhigh sees very little use, as other things can provide)

So yeah.
Make it cost 2M so you can critmaneuver with it. And make it knockdown enemies who are airborne, like Ashe's skyhook. I'm a fan of this idea too.

Also make it ignore Evasion, but lower the scaling by 10% (so 110% at Rank 5). The SWA of Polearms doesn't reach high enough. And one Evasion proc into Flottement kind of kills any combo.

Maybe give it a self-cast option, which buffs you with a 'Sky Hook stance', any enemies who go airborne on their turn within 2 tiles of you will get knocked down, and take half damage of the normal Skyhigh.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
W-woah, maybe lets not get crazy.. Perhaps these are valid suggestions, but I personally believe letting it go between Skyhigh and Sky Hook would be enough.