Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engineer Rework 2 - GET IN THE ROBOT SHINJI! Edition
Currently, the robots that you can summon with engineer lack any real impact and cause a whooping 50 FP to use, and can be destroyed extremely easily, even more than youkai summons and have an even lesser impact than youkai as well.

I propose we go full MECHA MACHINE on these deploy robots. Make the robots main class engineer but add a new slew of round changing abilities. My own suggestion is to allow these robots to be manually manned by a player or using a special skill that the engineer can to man one remotely.

Deploy: Turret - The issue with this robot currently is that it can't hit dodgy targets with its basic attacks and it does pitiful damage. The skills that is has are also very mediocre when paired up with poor mobility and being fairly squishy in the first place make it nothing more than a spectator in any real combat.

IDEA: The turret bot is inactive until it is 'manned' by a player or using a special skill by the engineers. By 'manning' the robot, the robot protects the pilot similiar to the 10* item Jarmor. The player who pilots the bot will lose all their normal skills but the bot will use the players stats in regards for its abilities, basic attack and movement. The player pilot is also treated as a mechanation/mech while in the bot and thus upgrade skills will work on them.

Deploy: Medibot - Suffers once again from a high FP cost and being quite squishy and having terrible aim.

(Also Sal Volatile does not actually work at all from the Medibot item list as a bug.)

IDEA: Similiar to the 'pilot' mechanic for the turret bot, this mechanation protects the pilot and uses their stats in order to heal and cure as well as having a weaker ranged attack that still uses the pilots stats. The pilot will once again lose their normal abilities in order to pilot the bot and be protected by it.

Deploy: Metalaegis - Suffers from having poor mobility despite being a decent tank.

IDEA: SImiliar to the previous two, the pilot mechanic allows for the bot to actively protect its pilot as well as others around it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I don't want to suggest anymore abilities added to the bots, but for now I feel adding a dynamic element to them as well as making it more vital during battles should be the key way to balance the usage of the bots, even if they are only offered to main-classing engineers.
[Image: tenor.gif]
Can engineers just get the old upgrade back.
Get in the robot Lolzy.
but I was the robot. I miss +6 all stats +8 weapon power mechs....
This is the issue with some of the classes currently Lolzy. A flat out stat increase will always be infinitely better than dynamic thinking and skills that force the player to think rather than having a buff that just makes them 'stronger'.

There's no strategy involved with passives, other than they're there to be there.

When passives don't take up a skill slot and are miles better than actual skills that cost fp and momentum to use, there's a glaring issue.
http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...982#p25913
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
The idea is nice but lore wise and designwise for devs workload won't work. Plus this feels basically like install for engineer but more restrictive. In a practical sense it feels pointless to need to man a turret you built yourself when you want it to shoot things for you. To keep his workload light let's just do what lolzy said. This stuff is harder to program than it looks so easiest way out is Upgrade! stat buffs
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Tbh it was a joke post,

I do miss the old version of upgrade, but I miss it in a sense that I saw it as a mechanation racial trait, and not an engineer skill.

I used it as a way for mech basic attack builds to incorporate a rogue promo in with a lot of race based synergy, end result was pretty much no engineer shenanigans and just super buffing yourself.