Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazing Mortissimo Scaling
The scaling of san and str for the Mortissimo should be switched around. It is currently the best fist weapon in the game because san is more beneficial than str.

Most people will ignore str in favor of san and get 100 scaled weapon attack with a mortissimo because the scaling is that good. Imagine a fist that scaled 85% skill, cel or def. Well the mortissimo does that for san.

A Mortissimo is also considered a fist weapon so it is not affected by eviter or stalemate, and it gets amazing bonuses from martial artist.

Dev has made a very unique effect for the UL, but in reality then scaling is what this weapon is used for. I believe people should commit to using the 10* effect of this weapon to its full potential rather than using it for defensive stat scaling.
[Image: tenor.gif]
This is, again, another example of how STR is so weak nowadays.
There's no reason to build to it, other than some weapons scaling. And that leaves you vulnerable due to not stating into more useful stats. (SKI/LUC for hitting, CEL for dodging, DEF/RES/VIT for defense.)

With that, people simply ignore the 20% STR scaling on this weapon and goes directly to SAN, which provides way more than STR will ever give. This require another STR buff thread.

BUT! If we'd need to change Mortissimo's scaling, I'd say go with 60 SAN/45 STR, or vice-versa.
I agree that the Mortissimo needs to be nerfed, probably 60 SAN/45 STR would be fine or else it would pretty much just be the spirit gauntlet.
However I would like to either request that STR does require a buff, it could give crit damage (less than GUI) or give Skill Slots like WIL. Either that or create more fist weapons/change current fist weapons scaling so not all of them rely mostly on STR, we got a variety of scalings for other weapons (daggers and bows are a good example) but the only fist weapon that doesn't practically rely 100% on STR is the mortissimo (Fenri and Spirit Gauntlet being sort of a second/third), hell we have the fist weapon that copies your opponents fire ATK, but scales off 100% STR...

Sorry for my mini-rant, as someone who has a Mortissimo build, I wholeheartedly agree it is the best fist weapon simply because of its scaling.
[Image: g5VjMYf.png]
Mortissimo is often only abused by races that scale well from SAN such as Glykin, lich etc. so that they may build for their racial instead of into a damage stat, as a result of this, Mortissimo's 85% SAN scaling really just makes it optimal for dealing decent damage as other martial artists.

But I don't think this is inherently a bad thing, building for your racial can be quite fun, many tomes scale a huge portion of your SAN, up to 75%+ even, and mages tend to be easier to build than melee fighters, due to the mortissimo's 85% SAN scaling, it will never live up to the SWA of a normal fist weapon which can achieve much higher results, really just making it so that Mortissimo is a low/medium damage fist weapon when compared to the likes of rebelling brawler's glove or needler.

Personally, I think that Mortissimo's scaling is fine, due to it's low SWA on these builds, but due to a previous rant I do think that STR should have some worthwhile in most melee fighter builds, and as I stated, STR won't need any buffs if its tied to physical weapon scalings, as it'd be the weapon scaling stat.

60/45 sounds like a fine start.
I feel as if with the current massive shift that is global evasion, a lot of things need to be re-evaluated as a whole. Currently, for the mortissimo, you're spending the majority of your points in apt (because unless you're a corrupted, of course you do, and you do even then), sanctity for damage, celerity (if evasion, new), def/res (for tanky), skill (because of evasion), and what little left over can go to rounding out a character. I'll admit I'm not big with math and I'm not the best character builder, but I think if you'd change the scaling to 60/45 or something close to that you're just going to gut the weapon, because you're forcing people to take away stat points on other stats that are required thanks to global evasion.
"Lonestar" Wrote:This is, again, another example of how STR is so weak nowadays.
There's no reason to build to it, other than some weapons scaling. And that leaves you vulnerable due to not stating into more useful stats. (SKI/LUC for hitting, CEL for dodging, DEF/RES/VIT for defense.)

With that, people simply ignore the 20% STR scaling on this weapon and goes directly to SAN, which provides way more than STR will ever give. This require another STR buff thread.
I'd perfer tackling STR's lack of usage first, before we touch on Mortissimo's scaling. As nice as leveling out the power of defensive stats sounds, the way we're driving STR (tacking it as the main stat for every weapon and their mothers) is just making every other outlier more and more appealing, while ignoring STR's need for a meaningful secondary effect(s).
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Maybe the STR thread needs to resurrect. I still think making it give critical damage in some way is the best course of action, to be honest. I don't really agree with the idea of being forced to build STR on every melee build ever, but that might be just me.

That said, Mortissimo is one of the most used fist weapons. 60% SAN 45% STR sounds like a good placeholder to me, assuming STR cannot become more attractive any time soon.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]