Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Absolute Out-Of-Place
as long as we're doing brainstorm suggestions, i'd personally be more for scrapping it for a 'legit' double-turn type of mechanic, like reducing your turn-order-CEL by your scaled SKI for that round and then skipping for an M and FP cost.

something that really fits into the 'into my pace' theme of the skill i guess? proper usage could set up a devastating combo, while poor timing just winds up giving your opponent a chance to recuperate? maybe recover 1M if you dodge an attack during that time? idk.

just random spitballing i guess.
While active if the kensei avoids an attack they gain 1m per attack instance (we're not gonna kill QuickDraw yet) each dodge increases CEL by 1 up to 10 maximum. Lasts 5 rounds. Taking damage over a threshold based on rank ends all effects.

I don't play Kensei buut this sounds like a pacing thing, getting faster when your opponent messes up, but you can be punished for it if you get hit hard.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
It would be nice if main class Absolute Pace teleported the Kensei to the marked enemy (like Shukuchi's warp) at every end of the round (or a random one if multiple people are marked, or make it only able to mark one person), the effects being like Geist Schritt (Drei), and if you dodge a marked enemy's basic hits.

I do think making Absolute Pace hold the same effects of Covering Fire, from Magic Gunner, would give it a better utility of 'single out an enemy to fight only you'. (ftr, Covering Fire reduces X Hit/Critical if attacking any target but you. A rather useless ability for the class since the Gunner is the last one who wants to be in the eyes of the enemy. Unlike Kensei, for being a Duelist.)

Absolute Death already is the 'damage' absolute, Absolute Fear is the 'debuff' absolute, so why not make Absolute Pace the 'fite mi if ur a man/don't fukkin run from dis fite' absolute? I'd definitely find a skill that makes the enemy's attention lock on the Kensei, while making them unable to run, pretty decent.

Of course, stuff like Obscure should remove Absolute Pace, if this suggested buff goes through.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This got buffed a bit (200% Scaled STR versus 50%).
: (

They already have damage on Absolute Death. Aaaaaa.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]