Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real Talk Level Cap Raise
Either way it was an idea to sort of bring in stats to help solve builds not completely possible, while taking out the power gap of stacking bonus stats until you straight up outclass everyone else in the game in sheer stats alone, this is frequent with vampires and people stacking fugu katsu so that they can get super greedy with stats.

It wasn't the main point is what I'm trying to get at, it was supposed to be saved for another thread, but I thought the idea itself might be worth sharing in this one.
If the issue is stat stacking...

Then why not nerf Fugu Katsu, and everything that gives +2 (or +10/12 in case of DK) instead of raising the level cap so more 'builds' are possible.

Or, you know, nerf aptitude (and vampire racials) so that they aren't the very obvious choice to make. Considering a good build will take.. 6 stats. Some taking 7-8. Wherein Aptitude will just give +STATS to every stat you own, and will, in some instances, be fine to 'buy into' for well past the soft cap. I'm certain that for a good 90% of characters that are actually built in SL2... they all have aptitude at somewhere between.. 42/43 or 48/49.

Those who don't build it, ala Sawrock's character a lot of the time, are usually built around a single gimmick. Do an asinine amount of damage and be the glassiest of glass cannons.

Adding more levels just introduces balance problems in other areas while still adding "stat points" which.. most builds will use to add a 9th or 10th stat to their build, if not pump some stuff up to 50 scales. So.. nah to the level cap raise, let's actually have a discussion around the main issue which is "These stat bonuses are 2 god damn high."
Aptitude is (unfortunately) a mandatory stat nearly all the time. Though I think it's a little bit too late to make massive adjustments to it.

Removing the bonus stats from food won't change much, as they only help reach more precise numbers to be honest. 55 scaled SKI isn't too different compared to 56 scaled, 38 scaled to 40 scaled of X stat, and so on. That, and you usually have to craft/buy it, the most optimal food for getting precise numbers is Fugu Katsu and that isn't really sold anywhere as of now- it has to be made constantly if you want to keep it.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Fair point. Fugu's not as accessible as curry or sushi, for instance.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I mean you say that but don't both of you have hundreds, if not over a thousand Fugu Katsu readily available each? Either way, this is not the thread to spread my salt about the sheer amount of bonus stats people are incorporating into their builds lately, makes me feel awful that I have to do the exact same thing to catch up.