Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Update
I'm excited for it to be honest, That seems like a skill pool/point intensive class and I can't wait to figure out some builds.
So. This may just be my inner pessimist kicking in but.

We've been waiting for you to test stuff for a lil bit now. Would it be possible for you to, ever, set up a small 'group' of people to help test stuff on a test server?

People like Spoops, Kameron, the mods are all people that are good for this, and made great work during the beta testing for the Reckoning. It would cut down on your time of figuring stuff out, and also allow them to test bugs in direct PVP that, honestly, don't get found out for a good little bit (or are instantly found and break the class on a fundamental level until it's fixed, which can be a week or longer.)

It's just a thought to help save you time, and allow the community to help out where they can.
This is probably him having to deal with absurd code compiling time every time he tries to test something he adds/fixes. Something like that is better to be done alone sometimes. If he has to waste time hosting, and then calling the people to test for him for every single time he makes the slightest test change to the code... Boy, the time may pile up to tenfold of what it is right now.

Cooperating with others is hard when all you need is just yourself and some bonus sleepless nights because Dream Maker is shit.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I also think he doesn't really need to put up a test server this time, yeah. And compiling can become a terrible experience, too. Seen it happen myself at times.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
How's progress looking right now? Can we expect an update any time soon, like this weekend, or is it taking longer than expected?
It's up as of now, with all the temporary art and no skill icons. If anyone wants to take it upon themselves to make some skill icons, or animations for the skills themselves, they would be very welcome.
Honestly I'm very impressed by Ranger as a whole, been testing it for a while and I can tell that a lot of effort was put into each of the skills, and that tactician's new interactions were heavily involved in its creation, a lot of people were skeptical at first because it could kite very well but I think that its honestly a breath of fresh air to have a ranged class that is capable of doing kiting really well, the light armor mastery you gave it feels solid and very nice to use, mostly because I'm a fan of crit evade as a whole, but also just the vast selection of skills it has really is nice, it might just be one of my new favorite classes.

That said I don't see a lot of issues with this class, the only overly strong suit it has is the anorum version of Frigid arrow, otherwise everything else looks very solid, also props to making it so that spellthieves can't heavily abuse all the new magic.
The way to prevent Spellthieves from 'omni-stealing' the new spells was... *chef finger kiss* well played. I wish Asura Fist had this same interaction. (only usable with #Fist)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]