Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vol-trigger
Now that global evasion is a thing, duelists have been able to benefit heavily from Flottement, while this isn't a bad thing, multi hitting skills can be pretty much suicidal as it gives duelists a ton of damage as a result, I don't wanna see multi-hitting autohits and guns refrained from being used simply because of something like this.

Since you can only hop back 1 tile during a single action vs evasion flottement, I think that Voltiger should only gain a maximum of (Rank*5) LV from a single action, if that makes any sense.
But I like cutting Tank boxer apart, after getting a Regen to the face =/
I agree.

You should only gain Voltiger LV once per attack instance, not every dodge in the attack stance. Pretty much what I want for Evasive Strike too.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'm neutral to this change. On the one hand, it's funny when a person gets LV25 voltiger from a frontal, multi-hit smack. On the other hand, everyone just tries to hit from the side / back as always, so it rarely happens even with multi-hits in my personal experience.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Is Flottement a threat to even high-hit builds? If gun builds are getting wrapped up in this, it sounds like evade needs to get hit with a nerf stick before we go too far into smacking Voltiger.

....That being said, the only multi-hit skills I can see commonly going against Flottement is Regen' or Mad Chop. This seems rather situational.

I think it would be pretty neat, however, if Flottement kept throwing the user back for each time they would trigger it, while keeping the range boost locked at +(Rank).
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"Chaos" Wrote:Is Flottement a threat to even high-hit builds? If gun builds are getting wrapped up in this, it sounds like evade needs to get hit with a nerf stick before we go too far into smacking Voltiger.

....That being said, the only multi-hit skills I can see commonly going against Flottement is Regen' or Mad Chop. This seems rather situational.

I think it would be pretty neat, however, if Flottement kept throwing the user back for each time they would trigger it, while keeping the range boost locked at +(Rank).

There is also Thousand Stabs or Elemental Rave, iirc. It's situational, but very crippling for the one using it.

Nonetheless, I'm okay with smacking to the OP's original change.
While funny, I do think that just over doubling someone's damage for 1 skill is just going to discourage ever using those skills, multi-hits like thousand-stab, rapid kick and elemental rave already do see little use, it just makes sense really.
Why not just make Flotterment work like before the great change, but give Rogue's own Evasion the proc from Flotterment instead of the global one?
If it really needs a change, then the opening or Walrus' suggestions will probably do. Although as far as I know, many people just hit from the side or back for nearly every autohit, in fear of Eviter/Cobra Stance/Soldier's Bulwark, and Flottement (whether it procs only once or not).

Thousand Stab also ignores Evasion on Charging Strike, if I remember correctly. The only ones, that I can think of really becoming afraid of Flottement are Hexers with their multi-damage spells, and even then they usually pack Fellel's Fumble. Which they often use to easily work-around this sort of thing.

Most of the few gunners that exist circle around duelist dodge-stackers because they're paranoid of Blade Barrier. Kensei is usually the one that grants much, much more evade compared to Ghost.

People often blind the Flottement user if they have access to it, as well.

Many of these things are why I don't see much change happening from the opening's suggestion, players will still try to avoid frontal attacks, unless they're trying very hard to shatter the enemy's weapon through Eviter or something special like that. Of course this likely wouldn't apply for the few multi-hit spells, should the OP go through.

That's just my opinion based on personal experience from watching Flottement users, playing one and also facing them as a non-duelist, though.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]