Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost OP buffs omg nerf
Just a small thread in response to a Bug Report, minor but significant changes that might spice it up a little bit how a Ghost is seen in combat. And giving them the roles of gravediggers.

Claret Call:
- Increase Claret Call's damage to 3 per rank, from 2.

Dark Imbue:
- Keep the hit how it is.
- Increase the Dark damage on-hit from 2 to '5 per rank'.
- Increase the buff duration from 3 to '2 + (rank)'.

Red Rain:
- Increase the HP cost from 10 to 20.
- Make it reduce the duration of enemy Unmarked by 1.
- Make it increase the duration of enemy Claret Call by 1.
- Add red rain animation?

Graveyard:
- Increase the range of everything related to this skill to 1+(rank), from 3.
- At the end of the round, enemies with 0 HP and within range of the gravestone's effects will receive a debuff [Rest In Peace/Dread/Buried], which keeps them from recovering HP/FP for revival purposes, [Rest In Peace/Dread/Buried] lasts for (rank * 3) rounds.

PS: Rest In Peace/Dread/Buried are placeholder names. You may be a bit more creative with it if you want.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I concur with these, I want classes to feel more fun to play aesthetically, while also being actually useful practically.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Everything here sounds A-Okay, there's only one thing to skirt around carefully and thats:

Quote:Dark Imbue:
- Keep the hit how it is.
- Increase the Dark damage on-hit from 2 to '5 per rank'.
- Increase the buff duration from 3 to '2 + (rank)'.

As a just in case measure, I'd make it so the dark damage on hit is split by rounds, you may think why the need to do that but an autopistol mutated into an axe could likely cause issue, not to say that should at all decide whether or not this skill should be buffed.
Quote:- At the end of the round, enemies with 0 HP and within range of the gravestone's effects will receive a debuff [Rest In Peace/Dread/Buried], which keeps them from recovering HP/FP for revival purposes, [Rest In Peace/Dread/Buried] lasts for (rank * 3) rounds.

PS: Rest In Peace/Dread/Buried are placeholder names. You may be a bit more creative with it if you want.

*Death Lock
*Ghostly Wail (sounds familiar?)
*Spectral Lockdown
*Ghostwail
*Ghostlock

I'll probably toss more in, if any others come to mind. I suck at naming though-

That said, I like everything! Spoops' tweak to Dark Imbue would help mutated autopistol not get out of hand too.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I can agree with some of these changes, though with some minor tweaks.

Dark Imbue should not have it's duration increased by that much. I'd say have it at no more than 4 Rounds.

Additionally, I'd prefer if it's On Hit Damage scaled on your Dark ATK (10% per Rank) instead of a flat amount so it's in line with Elemental Augment.

I don't think Red Rain should be reducing Unmarked duration, since it could make EI spam (even at low health) a potential issue again so I think some other way to make Red Rain useful would be better.

Also while we're on the topic of Ghost. I really want to see a change to Painproof since it giving a % of DEF/RES is not that great, not for the cost of your HP and not when you compare it to Wraithguard.

So instead, I'd like to have an effect like this:

Painproof
Costs HP equal to 15% of your maximum HP. Cause damage to yourself in order to lessen the pain you feel from enemies.

Gain a damage shield with a LV equal to 15% of your Maximum HP + a bonus based on Rank. Before your HP is damaged, this shield's LV will be reduced instead.

If the shield's LV is reduced to 0, the effect ends, any remaining damage will be taken to HP as per normal.

Additionally, while Painproof is active, HP recovery is diminished by 50% and you do not take any on-going damage from status effects. (Burn, Poison and Lingering Damage)

Rank 1: Learn Skill, Cost: 15% HP, Bonus: 15, Duration: 3 Rounds
Rank 2: Bonus: 30
Rank 3: Bonus: 45, Duration: 4 Rounds
Rank 4: Bonus: 60
Rank 5: Bonus: 75, Duration: 5 Rounds
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
can we make dark imbue 10% dark attack on hit per rank like the mage enchantments instead of rinky dink static damage that will get reduced to not mattering...at all..

Its dark damage...why would you even use it? to lose 1m per round because yolo resists?
Dark Imbue shouldn't really work with mutations, imo.

Also, my reason for making Dark Imbue so long in duration is that we don't quite have scythe weapons, and that Dark Imbue is not really that impactful when you can simply lose it to a single burst of Null Shell, or get it stolen. Mayhaps if a new subtype of those were added for Axes, they could receive the special treatment? (SKI Axes?)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I had an interesting addition to Red Rain, or well, thought of one. It would work with the change to graveyard, and instead of 10/20 HP it would take a percentage of HP- say 15/20%? The idea is that it would apply some kind of debuff (Headstone?) that creates a grave in an unoccupied square around them once defeated. I'd say at most that debuff could last maybe... 3/4 rounds without being too terribly strong. It would only really be worth using in team fights, so I'm not really certain.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
So, I'm not exactly sure if this qualifies as necroposting or not, but I figured may as well toss my two cents in a thread that already exists and still is relevant with the arguements to go with it rather than make an entirely new one.

I still fully support this thread; particular hotspots are Snake's original post, as well as Slydria's input on Painproof. Regarding Dark Imbue, perhaps it could be increased by that one enchant talent instead, with the duration?

In regards to Dark Imbue and mutation, it's probably worth cutting the damage in half if the thing is mutated, but not utterly removing the effect. That sort of kills the purpose of mutated weapons in general.

Lastly, I believe Death's Gaze is worth a look at. It inflicts silence, but you lose your prime buff and even give them unmarkable. Could the damage maybe be increased if the target is looking at you, along with a buff to the duration (decrease in unmarkable, increase in silence)?

But I believe that the buffs mentioned in this thread could easily help Ghost on it's feet in an attempt to keep up with other classes utilities, such as Kensei.