Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beast Youkai and Beast Monsters
For balance sake (And also that Dev brought it up in a bug report) I think that beast youkai and beast type players/monsters should be seperate for multiple reasons.

1.) Judgement blade's interaction can potentially nuke people who aren't even installed with youkai (more on this in a later point)
2.) Can cause troubles when interacting with GM Monsters.
3.) As brought up before, anyone with Bands of the Chimera equipped will be unfairly nuked by certain skills that do more damage to youkai (Mythslayer's effect, Judgement Blade, Youkai Tamer)

As I do think bands of the chimera does need its downside, that is currently in the form of Ranger's 15% bonus damage vs beasts, Hunting Bow's potential and also the beast aspect in your legend extension.

That said you can easily navigate around this by making two beast type races, one for Youkai/Black Beasts and one for players/Vorpal Rabbits/Scarebears
I agree here, I never even thought it counted towards Kaelensians but if it DOES, this is -not- okay.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
It doesn't leave you vulnerable to the youkai counters if you're a Kaelensian, but the thing is, is that if you're counted as beast (such as through bands of the chimera) then that will leave you vulnerable, most people wanting to be counted as Beast for RP purposes don't want to be countered by things that are meant counter youkai.