Poll: Event Tolls in Houses - Measuring Interest
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am willing to spend more than 1000 Asagos for Event Tools in Houses!
77.78%
7 77.78%
I am willing to spend more than 500 Asagos for Event Tools in Houses!
0%
0 0%
I am willing to play the game more and would be interested in spending Asagos if it is good!
11.11%
1 11.11%
I don't care about event tools and will stick to asking GMs for events.
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event Tools in Houses - Player Run Roleplaying!
DISCLAIMER: To the GM's that have read or remember I have made two previous threads regarding GM tools in houses. This thread will be more focused and concise, please delete the older threads if you believe them to be clogging up the forums.

First of all, I would like to rally the support that such a feature would get even if it is a donation item. I believe that this topic merits its own thread due to how much it could change how we play Sigrogana Legend 2.

------------------------------------------------------

Why give players event tools in houses?

Simply put, it is all for the sake of purely roleplaying. This includes tools such as global narration, private narration, the spawning of monsters and the initiation of battles as a start.

Currently we have an over reliance on bothering already busy GM's with our event ideas which must also match their current time schedule as well as adhering to their personal liking if they would like to do said event. With the addition of event tools in houses, no longer will that be the case as players can now create their own stories and event chains using the lore of SL2.

Again, I want to drive in the point that this is for roleplaying using the excellent game mechanics that Dev has already provided us. As much as we all love PvP, we believe PvE should be given some love as well outside of dungeons.

How to avoid potential problems.

In order to avoid abuse of this system, I believe there has to be two clear deciding factors in the limitation of the event tools. One being that all fights are non-lethal or at least will not have a penalty on items/murai and will also not receive any XP or other item rewards from them. This should also be limited to houses only.

I'm not sure how this will effect the server itself, but I believe that in order to make sure house events are not being abused, they could possibly be an expensive donation item that can be bought with asagos. Perhaps with varying degree of levels and tiers that players can opt to spend to make their event truly special.

Although its not necessary for a post, please give this idea your support so that more roleplaying and amazing stories can unfold in this game!

[Image: tenor.gif]
I am in full support of this.

Not only does this give players the liberty to set things up in terms of one off events without bugging mods, but I can see a lot of things being set up with this that can stick around for a more permanent residence. Gladiatoral Arenas of sort, guards of a nobles mansion. There's a lot of ways this can be weaved. I don't see much reason to not try and somehow finesse this, within reason, to the players grasp.

While there will likely be some limits compared to mod event tools and house-event tools, this is nontheless a good start, and a good way to get player's stories rolling.
I have no problem with House Narration. Anything else would either require:

1. Interaction with a GM anyways
2. Access to tools that regular players shouldn't ever touch

I can agree with the first half, but no more than that. I'd sooner put the rest of the effort towards additional event tools. It's been close to two years since Event Tools were implemented, after all.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
We could also beg for Event Admins be a thing?

Those would be the 'horses' of the community, used to help some people organize events and have power to influence only events/player made events (with permission), and act under the GMs and Dev.
The only issue in making Event Tools (relatively) free is if it falls on the hands of the wrong people nyah!~ It won't be pretty at all.

Having us, the community, to put up some people on the spotlight (or them jump into it themselves), who already shown themselves dedicated to do events during the past fewer years to this merry 2018, such as August (TheCommonNoob), Mark (MakeshiftWalrus), Kira (KuraKaze) or Fern to become our Event Admins, and give them an extra hand so they can do world events/help other people by themselves without having to force the other GMs, who are sometimes busy with their lives for being responsible adults, to comply and help them with just 25% of the reason they're around the game.

No no no. I'm not asking for more GMs. I'm merely asking for Event Helpers/Event Admins or whatever we want to name them. And of course, those specific people wouldn't have any powers to ban, boot or give warnings, or bonus accesses in the Forums.

Just the Event Tools they need so much.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I admit that I often feel guilty, when I bug Chaos so much for help with dropping Event Tools on an event. As the others have previously mentioned, GMs do have busy lives, so even if they're available enough for moderating... they don't seem to have a very open schedule for eventing. At least, that's what I've seen during all this time.

A player variation of event tools not only would open up more possibilities, but I feel that it would also reduce stress on our fellow GMs. If not that, well... Event Admins at the very least. -Something- that would help with the problem of excessive dependance on vastly-busy-moderators, anything, would be appreciated in my honest opinion.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]