Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putting the knight back in black knight.
Black knight has a lot of issues right now, mainly in that its only function is as a pretty godlike support class for a good portion of characters, but since heavy armor holds a lot of downsides, most black knights are often seen using unarmored instead, and abusing crit evade granted by negation and hanging's range and hit bonus.

I think that heavy armor should be a core feature for the class, I think that a few adjustments should be made to some of their skills to make it more suited to people wanting to actually play heavily armored doom walls clad in steel.

Indomitable - DR granted increased by 50% if main classed Black Knight (at rank 5 it becomes 15% phys DR)

Prophlaxys/Sudden Death - Your Armor is added to damage threshold for proccing the skill's effect.

Checkmate - Adds armor amount to damage as well.

Negation - Effect changed to rank*5 crit evade, armor is now added to crit evade amount.
If we're going to make Armor more relevant to Black Knight, perhaps make Steel Body purge -armor debuffs too. (also possibly make it purge -Phys DR debuffs since those are becoming far more prevalent than -DEF debuffs, to the point where those are being converted to the former, thus making Steel Body obsolete).

Tangents aside, I can get behind making the Armor stat actually do something beyond Board Shaker for a BK.
I share the same thoughts as Trex and Spooks here. I never see Black Knights being main-classed or using Heavy Armor anymore. They got needlessly nerfed thanks to Boxer, when Boxer was the issue, not them.

+1 to everything proposed in the OP.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]