Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arcanist (Unofficial Mage Promote)
SO a running theme of promotions in this game is Expanding upon the ability's of the base class

Mages turn into evokers which give them stronger nukes or hexer's which turn into status affliction nightmares for example

Which leaves me to wonder Why did we never get a better Blink or Elemental Buffs for Light Dark Water

ARCANIST with a Grimoire by their side allowing them to do even more complex incantations and spells they can meddle with space and time to fuel their magic

Grimoire: Level 1 Passive A gateway skill into the arcanist tree much like how summoner's need contract In battle It give's you an ability to summon your grimoire to the field if it is already out it desummons it and resummons at a new location for 3M

Level 5 Blink Other. With the Flip shot skill we were introduced to a new kind of targeting so let's make use of it by targeting one person with one end and somewhere else with the other end you can force someone else to reappear probably very far away from YOU Increase Range per level

Level 5 DIMENSION RIP! Target one enemy and a Location you rip their asses from spatial causality and force them to reappear at a site your your choosing doing damage basically an offensive Blink Other

Level 5 Enchant Dark (dev can think of a better name) does what it says on the tin works like the other mage element buffs +Resist

Level 5 Brief Respite Gain 1 FP per rank when transporting yourself with Blink Blink Other Swap Position or Mass Blink.

Level 5 Mass Enchant Allows you to hit an area with your enchant spell this is a huge support skill freeing up accessory slots from badge users and giving mages a reason to turn auto cast OFF allowing the arcanist to select the right buff needed.

Level 1 Enchantment Override allows Arcanist to Override other enchantments the point of this ability is twofold #1 to change enchantments at a whim #2 to apply enchantments already on someone refreshing duration when it's convenient or when you can do nothing else

Level 5 Shadow Bind A Dark Damage "beam" type attack if enchanted with dark you can bend the beam up to twice to allow for trick shots may inflict immobilize

Level 5 Trident Bolt Causes a Fissure in space to fork one projectile into three the space between the tridents forks can be expanded or decreased

Level 1 Double Cast. Causes any projectile spell to be replicated by your Grimoire (you can change the direction it fires this spell the same way you can toggle which target your aiming when you use flip shot) the projectile cannot be altered (so shadow bind would fire as if unenchanted)

Level 5 +will. a skill that gives you more Will the arcanist's main stat

Level 3 Spacial Fold gives + Range to Arcanist Skills

Level 5 Implosion deals untyped magic damage drawing all enemies to the Center if enchanted with light they are hit with a corona of light damage if enchanted with dark they are hit with the same except dark damage

Level 5 Sunder a One range spell that knocks down the target Casting it on a knocked down target sends them flying backward any enemy they collide with on the way take untyped magic damage.

Sorry had an Idea and needed to share let me know what you think of some of the abilities. and sorry it's not in depth as my geomancer attempt.

Current Total Estimated SP 56

Edit. TIELS changed to Tiles. DERP

Edit removed Enchant Light and Hearthlight Skills. Added Brief Respite A skill which gives the arcanist a bit of "Rest" when leaping through space to new locations I mostly stole the idea from a book where every wizard has a interdimensional hide away that they can stop at before arriving with their translocation spells. Added levels to the skills.

Suppose i should go over what I want Arcanist to do. Well Battlefield Control literally the ability to move things about and arrange them as you wish
That one monster out of range of your allies charged mind Vydel? reposition that booty directly in the line of fire ally surrounded by black beasts on seto stage 2? yank them up to you or just out of the line of fire in general team struggling because they are fighting enemies that resist them? untyped magic damage deals with that

It also gives the mages a Sniper Archetype which they currently don't have (explosion does not count) I suppose you could use Rye maybe.
Moved this to suggestions.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
"Slydria" Wrote:Moved this to suggestions.

thanks wasn't sure.
Unfortunately one of the major reasons why there isn't an enchant dark and enchant light, in terms of pure practicality reasons, is elemental impacts. It makes adding them exponentially more difficult and all of the existing ones would have to get additions for it to be a thing.
That is a fair reason and something i thought of like 3 hours later.

It's a good thing this class is purely made for fun. XD.

SOME EDITS : removed Enchant light for the same reason enchant water isn't on here doesn't really fit the class Dark is staying because Darkness Space Void's ect. Hearth light for the same reason