Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PREFIXES] Battle Dungeon (Details inside)
This suggestion brought to you by a battle ending during someone's movement targeting at reboot time.

Most battlefields are the same. Monotonous and repetitive. There's randomly placed objects, but no real terrain to speak of. No bottlenecking positions, just a big wide open area.

I propose a dungeon prefix where the dungeon is the battlefield. Anyone who enters it is part of one big party, and exploration, lockpicking, etc, is done in a turn based format.

[Image: b53f23345d31f2f5b3a0157756f50fcd.png]

It would be a very interesting change of pace, although probably a little intense to implement.
*loud burp*
Time to enter and lag the server guys. Hold my beer.
Perhaps this could be saved for a special kind of dungeon...kinda like fire emblem sacred stones Ruins, and tower of Valni, where people could group up in a entrance room, then go into an instance of the dungeon as a group, that way it only is treated as 1 big battle, people could flee from the group party at the stairs,

Doors would be pickable/attackable, Ranged enemies would attack from across walls/ terrain......
This just in: Dungeon Prefix - Retro. All battles in the dungeon are done in honest-to-goodness SL1 style. (If only.)

More on topic, the dungeon floors would probably have to be much smaller, and the enemies would be limited (or you would be looking at a lot of waiting through turns). It probably wouldn't be worth it for the exp given, and the monsters would probably just wait at the doors of every room for you. And then there's other issues that would need to be addressed, like walls blocking monsters off while players Magaisendo or shoot ranged attacks through them. All-in-all, I'm sorry, but there are so many ways that this could go wrong that I just can't see it working.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
I'd have map wide spells disabled, or specifically altered in these, also have monsters "sleep" until their room is opened or attempted to be opened, or unless their room has vision on a player.

still I'd prefer this being a static, interesting place instead of being a dungeon prefix.
This idea with -

These being static dungeons, much like we already have. People pile up at entrance, something triggers start, there, locked in the instance. No backup nothing. Perhaps even incorporate opposing people. (Perhaps it'd be nice thing for two parties competing for loot. Tactics would get a whole new meaning. CTF style perhaps even. Details don't matter)
Yea, I like this idea as well. But it really should be something that should only start when the required amount of people is met. That way it won't be eating up the processing of the server and lagging everyone to hell.