Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In regards to spammers
for the time being could we not click onto spammer topic links.

I'd like to observe them to see how many views they get without the player base skewing data, to see if its actually just spam or bots using public image boards to hide illegal activity on the web.
And they don't stop comin' and they [...]
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Hide illegal activity? How, exactly? Could you explain?
Disguising illegal sales or stealing information from whatever through general text weirdness that can be deciphered through some kind of code/cipher, probably.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Damn. I leave for like an hour and I come back to 45 fuckin new posts.
I've deleted the ones that posted as well as pruned a bunch of accounts registered recently with no posts that I suspect were spambot accounts. Will continue to try and make efforts to prevent them. Sorry for the spam in the meantime.
Yeah after watching them they all hyperlink out, All accumulate 1-2 views within a minute of posting, and all have somewhat sketchy information in their html mostly numbers and locations on the sites they link to.
I'd highly suggest locking all the current and future threads in Announcements after they're posted since bots seem to love posting in those now, so we get lovely things on the front page.
Add an additional question to the forum registration that relates to something in SL2? As in, like, a trackable changing thing. Although then people would have to make forum accounts upon signing up for SL2, otherwise banned people that didn't make accounts before they got banned would be in a rough spot. Hrm.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
These spammer bots are getting kinky as fuck.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]